EVGA 980TI RMA

Percy

Gawd
So I had to send in my EVGA 980TI to RMA, long story short when it sent them mine, I made sure it was clean, heatsink put back on properly because I took my waterblock off. This is what i get back.... Might not be a big deal to most of you but.... really? At least send a replacement back to me in the same condition I sent mine to you. Pathetic. I would love for an EVGA rep on this forum to see this. Would love a response.
d4fa1c50e6.jpg

There has been no company rep from EVGA login here in over 6 years. You are barking up the wrong tree. They will not sample cards to HardOCP and give no support in any way.

I was misinformed then. Somebody told me that there was an EVGA rep here. Anyways, Thanks for the heads up. Regardless I wanted people to see this.

Not to come off sounding like an a-hole, but: do the blemishes on the RMA'd card affect the card/performance at all? If not and you got a working replacement, I'd honestly be happy. Yeah, I might slightly miffed to see the blemishes but I'm pretty sure they don't promise/guarantee a same "perfect" or near-perfect card replacement.

Not to come off sounding like an a-hole, but: do the blemishes on the RMA'd card affect the card/performance at all? If not and you got a working replacement, I'd honestly be happy. Yeah, I might slightly miffed to see the blemishes but I'm pretty sure they don't promise/guarantee a same "perfect" or near-perfect card replacement.

Not at all. I personally don't care since I'm putting a block on it. It's just seeing that annoys me.

Honestly I have seen worse "here is what I got from RMA" threads. Sure it has a slight blemish, which may actually be on the removable clear sticker on the fan? Regardless I don't think you will find many people here who will say that looks absolutely terrible and unacceptable.

to me it looks like the thin plastic sheets are still on the fan and on the EVGA and 980ti name plates.

to me it looks like the thin plastic sheets are still on the fan and on the EVGA and 980ti name plates.

I've tried to see if there was one trying to remove it, nothing peeled off. I'll double check tonight.

I am surprised you didn't get a 1080 instead. a few people have RMA'd 980ti's and gotten back 1080's.
One person was running SLI 980ti's and had to RMA one, they sent him a 1080, he let them know he was running SLI 980ti's so they had him send in the other 980ti and sent him a 1080 so he could run SLI again.

I am surprised you didn't get a 1080 instead. a few people have RMA'd 980ti's and gotten back 1080's.
One person was running SLI 980ti's and had to RMA one, they sent him a 1080, he let them know he was running SLI 980ti's so they had him send in the other 980ti and sent him a 1080 so he could run SLI again.
Why doesn't crap like this ever happen for me? :cry:

Repaste it.
Chances are the paste going off and lack of overclocking is the reason it was returned to them.
If it still passed their QA with that paste, it could well be a champion overclocker once fixed!

You know what, at least they didn't send you back the same defective card 2-3 times in a row that is artifacting at bios screen .. *Cough ASUS*.

So I had to send in my EVGA 980TI to RMA, long story short when it sent them mine, I made sure it was clean, heatsink put back on properly because I took my waterblock off. This is what i get back.... Might not be a big deal to most of you but.... really? At least send a replacement back to me in the same condition I sent mine to you. Pathetic. I would love for an EVGA rep on this forum to see this. Would love a response.

Impossible given the stellar positive reviews of EVGA RMAs here on the forum. Only Asus does this!

First, if you'd like to get a hold of an EVGA rep - http://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Second, too little thermal paste is bad but its really hard to have too much (unless you're really trying or using conductive and or capacitive thermal paste (which that isn't)).

Thats not a case of too much, its dried up and parts of the gpu had none.

You're talking about the OP's card right? It looks fine from the photograph.
It looks crispy to me, pretty dry.
But you are right that it covers the whole die, I mistook the outer for a heat spreader over the whole die.

Why are you complaining here? Go to EVGA forums and they will help you out. Try Asus next time and report back.

My EVGA 980Ti just went tits up this week.
In the middle of the RMA process right now.
I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

My EVGA 980Ti just went tits up this week.
In the middle of the RMA process right now.
I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

Yea my 980Ti just packed it in the other day as well. It's in the mail to EVGA at the moment. I've read enough good stuff about EVGA I think should be handled well. Either way, best of the luck with your RMA. :)

Back