EVGA 980 TI FTW w/Backplate - $609.99 (after $ 20 MIR)

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by Humpernator, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Humpernator

Humpernator [H]Lite

2. ravx25

ravx25 [H]ard|Gawd

Are these really worth investing into at this point with Pascal around the corner?

DF-1 likes this.
  3. Slava

Slava 2[H]4U

I got this one and love it. You can step up upgrade within 90 days of purchase :D

4. Trepidati0n

Trepidati0n [H]ardForum Junkie

Investing is a interesting choice of word.

5. darrpara

darrpara Gawd

Is the step up program worthwhile? Who knows if Pascal will even be out at all in 90 days.

6. dr.stevil

dr.stevil [H]ardForum Junkie

lol can you step down?

I purchased a classified 980ti from the deal last week and I didn't realize how huge the PCB actually was on it. If I can't find a solution for the PCI-E connectors that'll work with my case, I'll need a ti with a shorter board

7. darrpara

darrpara Gawd

Even with those shortened connectors from the other thread? Wow that is tight spacing then.

8. dr.stevil

dr.stevil [H]ardForum Junkie

lol this is what I have to work with

I ordered two of those cut down low profile connectors but I'm skeptical it'll work. Keeping my fingers crossed but have a feeling I need another GPU for this build. As an added downfall of the GPU height, it separates the case in two which means I can't mount my radiator near the PSU anymore. Idle temps are noticeably warmer (approx 10*)

9. darrpara

darrpara Gawd

Wow that really is a tight fit. Good luck with the connectors I think they might work for you.

10. damstr

damstr [H]ard|Gawd

Nothing is an investment when it comes to computers. I know what you meant though and no definitely not. I am needing an upgrade and with Pascal right around the corner I will either pick up a newer Pascal card, or grab a 980 Ti for around $500 or so maybe even cheaper depending on what Pascal launches at.