EVGA 970 superclock - $143 Price match only

I cant search it from the microcenter site, I can only access it from this link... not sure that will fly

Bah I just called my Office Depot and they are not price matching the evga cards Said a memo has been going around the stores

I cant search it from the microcenter site, I can only access it from this link... not sure that will fly

I know several people that got the 980 with just a print out of the page after it was taken down. Depends on if the manager is strict or not.

They won't price match something that is out of stock.

x4nhgj.jpg

Is this microcenters plant to kill all the competition lol?

I took mine in without selecting a store, I did my normal well I could just drive to Cambridge (like an hour and a little from here,) but I have a prius so it doesn't bother me much. Two kids were there, the Team Leader not much older than the other kid, and zero issues. At first the kid said no, and I was walking away and he called me back going wait nm we do pricematch to MC.

In case it's not obvious this deal is YMMV like the GTX 980 a few days ago.
Print the deal or bring it up on your phone, then go into the store I repeat GO INTO THE STORE and show the page/phone to the sales rep and ask for a price match.

What happens next solely depends on if the Gods favor you or not!

Do not call the store ahead of time.
Do not use the online web chat.

It doesn't matter if the Model #s don't match!
It doesn't matter if the card is OoS on MicroCenter's website!

The only thing that matters is your luck. Do you feel lucky, punk?

Local Best Buy. Had the page open, asked "will you price match?" The lady looked and said "Oh, a new Microcenter one, huh?" I guess someone else went in there for the 980's but none were in stock. Gave me one without question, had my wife go in and grab the second one. No hassle at all, and there isn't a Microcenter within 1000 miles of me.

EDIT: Looks like practically every store in Tucson still has stock, not sure how many will deal though.

So I rubbernecked the 980 thread, and now we have this one....has anyone actually bought one of these from Microcenter? What is Microcenter doing? Is this just some corporate espionage shit? "Let's eliminate the stock of Nvidia cards from all our competitors at half retail value! Smithers! Release the hounds!"

Local Best Buy. Had the page open, asked "will you price match?" The lady looked and said "Oh, a new Microcenter one, huh?" I guess someone else went in there for the 980's but none were in stock. Gave me one without question, had my wife go in and grab the second one. No hassle at all, and there isn't a Microcenter within 1000 miles of me.

EDIT: Looks like practically every store in Tucson still has stock, not sure how many will deal though.

So they didn't even notice that fact that the part numbers are not the same?

So they didn't even notice that fact that the part numbers are not the same?

A lot of times the managers or sales person is just so tired of working there they don't even care anymore as long as the description matches. I thought BB also got special SKU/PN so they didn't have to price match things.

A lot of times the managers or sales person is just so tired of working there they don't even care anymore as long as the description matches. I thought BB also got special SKU/PN so they didn't have to price match things.

In this case, I'm a regular in the store I went in to. The CS rep recognized me from being in there just a week ago to pick up a new cable modem. There is something to having face to face relationships with the workers still. :) The only issue they gave me was I wanted to buy three, but price matching allows only one. Had my wife come in and get the second while I was in the car and done deal.

What are the odds BB will price match it now that it's in store only?

Nice. Congrats to everyone who pulled cards outta this. Wish this'd come along before I invested in my FTW+ (mostly because I'm a cheap bastard).

Got denied at two Best Buy locations in Atlanta, GA. Actually got trolled at the first one where someone else was able to pull it off with the customer service lady, while I had been waiting for manager approval...and the manager was a dick.

Got denied at two Best Buy locations in Atlanta, GA. Actually got trolled at the first one where someone else was able to pull it off with the customer service lady, while I had been waiting for manager approval...and the manager was a dick.
What were their reasons for denying you?

1st location - manager was a dick and out of stock item
2nd location - manager was trying to help me out after I told him my sob story but couldn't search for the item on Microcenter's site so it was a no go

*Their price match guarantee policy says they don't cover out of stock items.

Shot and scored at my best buy. College or high school girl at the register, she priced matched and just asked the manager for an override. I bought one 970 the guy behind me bought two.

(try to check out at customer service, that is where I went)

It's been a while since I've said this... but FUCK YOU MICROCENTER... for closing the one Silicon Valley store you had... AND it was within Fry's pricematch range too!

It's been a while since I've said this... but FUCK YOU MICROCENTER... for closing the one Silicon Valley store you had... AND it was within Fry's pricematch range too!

I used to live there. Went to that MicroCenter all the time (and several of the Fry's around there, too).

Now, I'm in a state where the nearest MicroCenter is on the other side of the state completely (about 7 hours away). So, yeah. That sucks.

Got one from Best Buy. 1st one I went to the dude trying to price match knew what was going on, went to another and scored there!

Back