EVGA 8800GTX @ Circuitcity $599

vabch22

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
280
jcll2002 said:
circuit city...good gfx deals? is this the end of the world?!?!?

Haha, and they just sent me 10% off coupon. I wonder if it'll work.
 

Roberty

Fully [H]
Joined
Nov 30, 2001
Messages
21,996
jcll2002 said:
circuit city...good gfx deals? is this the end of the world?!?!?

No - maybe just the end of etailers price gouging us on this card. :D
 

beowulf7

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
10,433
Wow, there's an 8800 model out now? I can't keep up! :eek:

<== Still riding a 6800GT. : \
 

dslrjunky

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
2,257
I think its [H]oT!!!! i havent seen any sub $600 8800GTX around the web??maybe i havent look around much??!!! warm maybe because its a months rent almost... ;)
 

Blauman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
1,550
iseedeadpeople said:
I think its [H]oT!!!! i havent seen any sub $600 8800GTX around the web??maybe i havent look around much??!!! warm maybe because its a months rent almost... ;)

almost a months rent? where the hell do you live, BTW nice deal for sure :)
 

Sirion

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 14, 2002
Messages
430
InorganicMatter said:
*sigh*

Getting closer to MSRP, but still not close enough to make me happy...

Yeah, I suppose $50 below MSRP isn't quite good enough :rolleyes:
 

Clarity

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
75
they need to drop the msrp on that thing...it cost more than a 27-32 lcd tv. Plus if it drops in price, all the other videocards drop in price also :D

ps. is it me or are the top end videocards getting more and more expensive
 

decade146

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
1,563
yes they are increasing. invest in a console system instead. seems like almost all the games on pc are now on console anyways, plus you won't have to upgrade at all.
 

BladeVenom

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
7,707
Don't thread crap. No one looking at this deal wants a stupid console.

Besides a 8800GTX is still cheaper than a PS3. If you already have a decent computer a PS doesn't even compare. You could buy a whole gaming PC for the price of a PS3 if you were satisfied with a measly 720x1280 resolution at only 29 fps.
 

dslrjunky

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
2,257
Blauman said:
almost a months rent? where the hell do you live, BTW nice deal for sure :)
lol forgot to mention room 4 rent, and didnt i say almost? LOL~~~!!! come on working student here...i live in orange, california thats for 12x10 room...
 

beowulf7

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
10,433
annaconda said:
Wake up boy it is 2007. :D
It sure feels like it. :D

$600 for a video card ... damn. I wish I was made of money. :)

Well, I can always bask in the huge Rutgers win over Louisville. That brings me more joy than a few extra FPS at the moment. :p
 

Diashto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
171
Blauman said:
almost a months rent? where the hell do you live, BTW nice deal for sure :)

Here in the greater detroit suburbs, 1bdr apartments run between $550-700 per month, depending on the area and amenities.

The job market here sucks though, unless you can snag one of those google jobs.
 

u8myrice

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 6, 2005
Messages
2,155
Diashto said:
Here in the greater detroit suburbs, 1bdr apartments run between $550-700 per month, depending on the area and amenities.

The job market here sucks though, unless you can snag one of those google jobs.

A 1bdr aparment here starts at $1000. 2bdr is about $1200-1400. It fucking kills.
 
Joined
Apr 26, 2005
Messages
60
our house payment is 230$ a month. That doesn't include insurance which occurs like every other month or something.
 

Faction

The Chairman
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
5,461
i have a 2k dollar credit limit to Circuit City.. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO POST THIS... *resists*
 

Sirion

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 14, 2002
Messages
430
InorganicMatter said:
No.

8800GTX MSRP = $550
8800GTS MSRP = $500

I absolutely refuse to buy anything that is price gouged on.


eVGA's website
If you don't want to buy it that's fine, there's no reason to complain in a legitimate post here about it. Perhaps if some research had been done beforehand it might have been seen that the MSRP AS STATED BY EVGA IS $649.

$50 off a flagship launch card is a great deal.
 

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 4, 2005
Messages
6,001
Sirion said:
eVGA's website
If you don't want to buy it that's fine, there's no reason to complain in a legitimate post here about it. Perhaps if some research had been done beforehand it might have been seen that the MSRP AS STATED BY EVGA IS $649.

$50 off a flagship launch card is a great deal.


That's true but since when is a $600 video card (+ tax) a [H]ot deal?

I would understand if the card came out and was selling for $600 and other places are selling it for $300 or even $400, but $600? Sir, that is no deal! in English. Final answer!
 

J-Mag

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
3,640
Hulk said:
That's true but since when is a $600 video card (+ tax) a [H]ot deal?

I would understand if the card came out and was selling for $600 and other places are selling it for $300 or even $400, but $600? Sir, that is no deal! in English. Final answer!

Are you that daft? Where the hell do you ever see cards selling for half of MSRP on launch.

This is a good deal compared to most every other retailer/e-tailer.

If a house you wanted listed at 100k and you got it for 92k would you think that wasn't a deal too?
 

beowulf7

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
10,433
A deal is subjective. It is a good deal when something is x% off the MSRP. Now for some, if x=5 (as in 5%), then it's a good deal. For some others, x needs to be 25 or more.

Better deals for this video card will obviously come in time, probably around BF and most certainly around X-mas or New Year's. But if someone needs to squeeze a few more FPS out of their games and has a buyer lined up for his current (older) video card, then this CC deal might be worth it for him.

As for me, I'm going to wait until the 7950 gets nice and cheap. :)
 

vabch22

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
280
I almost picked one up but decided to wait. Hopefully the price will drop $100 around xmas or soon after (while my step-up is still good). Plus I'm going to wait on more reviews and input before I throw away half a months rent. :p I should have picked up 2 7900gto's while I had the chance instead of just one. Oh well.
 

vabch22

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
280
annaconda said:
Where is 10% off coupon. That would be even HOT.

I get them w/ my monthly statement. With taxes it jumps right back up to $569. I'm trying to find my Amex reward cards to drop it down to $519. But if it drops to say $549/$499 around xmas after the push, that would be even better. $549 - 10% - $50 = $449 which I'd jump on right away. I'm really hoping for something special on black friday.
 

jacuzz1

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
7,081
vabch22 said:
I almost picked one up but decided to wait. Hopefully the price will drop $100 around xmas or soon after (while my step-up is still good). Plus I'm going to wait on more reviews and input before I throw away half a months rent. :p I should have picked up 2 7900gto's while I had the chance instead of just one. Oh well.

It is important for you to understand that while the prices will get cheaper for EVGA ant etlailers they will not at EVGA for steup. I know , I have been doing the stepup for a couple years now and track it. THe card will be 650 on the EVGA site for at least 90 days and probably more.

In fact what will probably happen is the card will backorder at xmass for step up at the site and only be available at the Retailers and E-tailers and wont even be available for step up. I would pull the trigger if i were you
 

beowulf7

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
10,433
Here's a review of the NVidia 8800GTX video card. It got a rating of 9/10 ("spectacular"). Wow.

CNET said:
The good: Dominating performance in current-generation games; catches up to ATI on current-gen image quality; first card out with support for DirectX10 and next-gen gaming features; amazing value proposition.

The bad: Will likely require you to beef up your power supply in SLI mode.

The bottom line: This one is easy. Nvidia's GeForce 8800 GTX not only beats ATI to market with its next-gen 3D graphics hardware, it also eliminates ATI's image-quality advantage in current-generation titles. Throw in its sheer horsepower, and Nvidia gives the high-end enthusiast every reason to make this purchase.
 
Top