Evga 8800GTS 640MB $295 After $30 Rebate + Coupon

The 7% off cookie took a couple of clicks to register, but worked as posted once engaged. The rebate however is for the the super-clocked version and will be rejected by EVGA as the item in cart is the 640-P2-N821-AR.
EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS 640MB Superclocked (640-P2-N825-AR)
EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTS 640MB KO ACS3 (640-P2-N827-AR)

1. Purchase ONE of the above EVGA products at Buy.com between 5/1/2007 and 5/31/2007. Request must be
postmarked by 6/30/2007.

The 7% off cookie took a couple of clicks to register, but worked as posted once engaged. The rebate however is for the the super-clocked version and will be rejected by EVGA as the item in cart is the 640-P2-N821-AR.

Thx, buy.com fuxed up again

Getting the Rebate
1. Go to their website
2. Search for 640-P2-N821-AR
3. Go to page 2 and then look for the buy.com rebate.
4. Fill out and send.

Nice keep it up guys, we are going to bring this puppy down to $200 by the time Q6600 will be $200, and i will built my new computer. :D

Damn, I should have waited until now to buy the card (paid $315AR in the last recent buy.com deal). Anyway, thanks to OP because I'm sure a few people are jumping on this deal

Damn, I should have waited until now to buy the card (paid $315AR in the last recent buy.com deal). Anyway, thanks to OP because I'm sure a few people are jumping on this deal

Same. I contacted buy.com and told them I'd either want to return my item, or have them adjust my price. Hopefully, giving them those options, they'll take the later. It'd be stupid for them to make me return it, and then for me to rebuy using the new deal...but hey, it's $15 more in my pocket (after shipping and whatnot)

Wow...I think I need a second job or I'm gonna have to resist again...damn you [H]otDeals...damn you...

Great price and its EVGA!

Well the Evga 8800gtx is 511.49 after the 7% coupon and their is a 30 rebate if you look it up at RebateHQ making the EVGA 8800GTX $481.89 after rebate!

Well, I bought the cheaper one for $295 after rebate.

Yeah, I bought the gts using this deal too. Way too good to pass up right now. After seeing the info on the 9000 series, I couldn't justify buying a GTX this late in the game either. Thanks Yonex

getting confused here.

Does the Buy.com rebate work with the plain 640m GTS? The NON-OC-KO'ed version?

The rebateHQ thingy is the same thing as the eVGA rebate already. Can't I just use the rebate that comes attached on the card's buy.com link?

thanks for any clarification!

EDIT: Never mind. figured it out.

BTW. What the hell is budget shipping for buy.com...horse drawn carriage?

Who is this REBATEHQ.COM? I mean there is nothing on the buy.com websight for the EVGA 8800GTX (768-P2-N831-AR) showing the $30 rebate. I can apply my coupon to get it for $511 and then HOPEFULLY get a $30 rebate from this Rebate company that doesn't even show any sponsored rebate from REBATEHQ.COM nor EVGA on Buy.com. If I got the rebate it would make the 8800GTX $481.... if it passed and actually got shipped out.

Who is this REBATEHQ.COM? I mean there is nothing on the buy.com websight for the EVGA 8800GTX (768-P2-N831-AR) showing the $30 rebate. I can apply my coupon to get it for $511 and then HOPEFULLY get a $30 rebate from this Rebate company that doesn't even show any sponsored rebate from REBATEHQ.COM nor EVGA on Buy.com. If I got the rebate it would make the 8800GTX $481.... if it passed and actually got shipped out.

RebateHQ is the website created by Parago Inc, the rebate house that processes EVGA's rebate. This is where pretty much where you can find any rebate process by Parago.

I'm such a cheapass. I went ahead and rebought the 8800. Will RMA the $315 AR one and keep this $295 AR one.

I hope I never get screwed by a lost package or something one of these days.

I'm such a cheapass. I went ahead and rebought the 8800. Will RMA the $315 AR one and keep this $295 AR one.

I hope I never get screwed by a lost package or something one of these days.

I'm a cheapass also, but I don't now if I would of done that for $20 dollars. Won't you have to pay for return shipping if it has been shipped already?

But its the worst feeling when you buy something only to find out that the price dropped or you could of bought it cheaper.

I'm a cheapass also, but I don't now if I would of done that for $20 dollars. Won't you have to pay for return shipping if it has been shipped already?

But its the worst feeling when you buy something only to find out that the price dropped or you could of bought it cheaper.
I'll pay $3 to ship it...so I'm getting it for $297AR. I couldn't resist saving the $17. :)

I'm just about to order from here.
Anyone had a bad experience with buy.com?

I've never ordered from them before and don't know a lot about them.

I'm just about to order from here.
Anyone had a bad experience with buy.com?

I've never ordered from them before and don't know a lot about them.

They're a large corporation. They run national television Ad's...the one with the CEO on top of their building. It's a strange commercial, but nevertheless, they run national ads and they've been around for a while. Nothing to worry about.

Plus save another $10 if you use Google checkout for the first time!

Nevermind I doesn't seem to work with this deal!

What made you go with the superclocked over the regular card? I did not find any reviews on it except the 320mb superclocked card so I just picked up the regular card.

There was a review on firingsquad.com, where the superclocked 320 beat the 640 regular card. Go to hardware on there or just search.

Its probably worth the 37 bucks, but I'm not going to do it.

What made you go with the superclocked over the regular card? I did not find any reviews on it except the 320mb superclocked card so I just picked up the regular card.

I was doing further review, and I don't think its worth the extra money for the superclocked. Bascially both cards are exactly the same except the superclocked they upped the memory and the core speeds a little bit. You can bascially buy the regular 640 and overclock it much higher then the superclocked, as I see a lot of people are doing.

Now do they hand pick better cards for the superclocked?? THis I don't know and could be a reason to buy the superclocked. So if you don't want to bother overclocking the regular card and $37 dollars is nothing to you when your making over $100,000 a year, then maybe you want to buy the superclocked. At least it is warrantied and guaranteed to do the small overclock they do to it.

I'm going to buy right now the regular 640, and if I need to I can overclock it.

So if you don't want to bother overclocking the regular card and $37 dollars is nothing to you when your making over $100,000 a year, then maybe you want to buy the superclocked.

Dude, if you make $100,000 a year you better have $37 bucks in your pocket... ;)

There was a review on firingsquad.com, where the superclocked 320 beat the 640 regular card. Go to hardware on there or just search.

Its probably worth the 37 bucks, but I'm not going to do it.

just overclock the 640. They seem to clock very well, well above the superclock level

Ordered. Couldn't resist. Kudos to the OP.

Will probably use that 10% coupon from the ballistix thread to pick up a p182 and corsair 520W as well. Will have to submit three separate orders but no biggie.

Ordered! That marks the most ive ever spent on any single piece of hardware. Now i just need to order the rest of my new compy...

Back