Evga 8800GTS 640MB $295 After $30 Rebate + Coupon

Did any of you guys who ordered this recently get your item shipped? I ordered monday morning and it still says "sent to warehouse". Usually buy.com has it shipped next working day and I get it next day even though I took the budget shipping.

Maybe they haven't updated their computers yet, oh well.

i ordered Friday 7pm.

Warehouse doesn't work saturday/sunday.

Memorial Day Monday.

Shipped out of Pomona, CA Tuesday, arriving Thursday. :D

I happily greeted the delivery person and received my new GTS 640 twenty minutes ago (order placed on morning of 25th). The rebate data will be mailed tomorrow. I am looking forward to upgrading from my trusty 6600GT and hope for a couple of resolution bumps. Thank you again YoNeX for posting this great deal.

i just bit, today is the last day for the 7% off so i decided to get it. final cost: $349.09 w/ gay tax, got the free shipping, didn't feel like paying extra for 3-5 day :p

best deal so far, just sucks for cali buyers due to tax.

thanks, OP :cool:

I ordered myself one yesterday :)

Just what I needed to get started on building a new computer.

Thanks for sharing.

Mine did in fact ship earlier today! (ordered Monday) Its supposed to arrive tomorrow, and hopefully my newegg order of the rest of the compy will arrive either tomorrow or friday as well :D

Ordered last night, shipped today, supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

:)

I don't know what's up, but every Buy.com order I've placed in the past year has been delivered in 1-2 days. I guess their Texas warehouse is relatively new...

Well, I caved too. If someone else drops the price down to something similar or better by the time this arrives, I'll just bounce it back.

I ordered on Friday and it still says sent to warehouse. Hmmm, ourr order must be on the bottom, of the stack.

Ordered Saturday night, free shipping.
Mine says it'll be here friday. :)

I was going to upgrade my 6800GT around mid-June and get the cheapest 8800GTS (either 320 MB or 640 MB if I wanted to splurge) I could find. But I decided to wait until mid-July. So hopefully by then, a card like this one will drop below $270, preferably w/o a rebate.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but clicking on the coupon gives me nothing.

I think I may have gotten a free one. It's been shipped, and I ordered I think last Thursday...plenty of time for it to have shown up on my account. The one I purchased for $344.50 (-$30 for $315 AR) showed up within minutes after placing the order, but this new one I just purchased last week (for $295 AR) still has not appeared....

that would be effin' sweet.

I think I may have gotten a free one. It's been shipped, and I ordered I think last Thursday...plenty of time for it to have shown up on my account. The one I purchased for $344.50 (-$30 for $315 AR) showed up within minutes after placing the order, but this new one I just purchased last week (for $295 AR) still has not appeared....

that would be effin' sweet.

they take FOREVER to actually bill your card sometimes :( when i got the g7 last september, it took something like 2-3 weeks for the charge to go.

Well, I ordered last Friday and I sent an email last night trying to find out whats causing the delay. I recieved an email back earlier telling me that my shipment is delayed and I would recieve an email when it ships. No real explantion. Guess they are out of stock, but why the hell have people ordered after me and already recieved their card??????? :mad:

I guess Buy.com does not give a shit about 1st come, 1st serve. I will never purchase from them again. I will be demanding free overnight delivery. I did try to call before I emailed, but 30 minutes on hold I was tried of waiting.

Well, I ordered last Friday and I sent an email last night trying to find out whats causing the delay. I recieved an email back earlier telling me that my shipment is delayed and I would recieve an email when it ships. No real explantion. Guess they are out of stock, but why the hell have people ordered after me and already recieved their card??????? :mad:

I guess Buy.com does not give a shit about 1st come, 1st serve. I will never purchase from them again. I will be demanding free overnight delivery. I did try to call before I emailed, but 30 minutes on hold I was tried of waiting.

that's pretty much what happened to me with the G7 deal.

sigh.. since i posted last night, my order has sat at 'processing' for the last 18-odd hours..

Maybe you should change your user name. ;-)

Not to piss you off or anything, but I ordered my card two days ago and received it today. The card shipped from the Richardson, TX warehouse (thus why I received it so fast)...

My card shipped on Tuesday and was suppose to be here Wednesday in San Antonio. Fedex shipped my card to Connecticut. @($&9&()$ IDIOTS!!! I will not get my card till the 5th.

Maybe you should change your user name. ;-)

Not to piss you off or anything, but I ordered my card two days ago and received it today. The card shipped from the Richardson, TX warehouse (thus why I received it so fast)...

Well see I live in Houston so I figured mine would ship out of Texas too. I did call Buy.com again and 28 min later Customer service finally answered the fricking phone. I was told that that item has a 3 to 4 business day processing time and I told the guy bullshit that the website said 1 to 2 days processing time and it shold have already shipped. I explained to him that several people had ordered on Monday and already recieved thier card so where's mine? He told me that my card should ship tommorrow. Hmm, some how I don't think so. He also told me that my order was being filled by a vendor of Buy.com and not a Buy.com warehouse like everyone talks about. That is probably the whole problem there.

Might buy another one to do SLI when it hits the $250 mark. I am broke for the rest of this month because of my $1600 lens. Hey wait, this month ends in a few hours...

i just got a email saying my card has been shipped and fedex says i'll get it tomorrow, june 1.

i placed my order around 1-2PM PST on wednesday and picked free shipping too, lol.

didn't expect it to be here this fast. thanks again OP. :)

I got in on this deal as well; however, it is not going as nicely...

FedEx told me that the card was on my doorstep last Thursday, yet it was nowhere to be seen.

I've told Fedex and Buy.com that the package never arrived. Fedex told me to call back in 2 days to file a claim. Buy.com filed a claim on my behalf (for better or worse).

I emailed buy.com asking if it would be possible for me to wait till they got more of the cards in stock. They responded:

we do not have an ETA for the product to be in stock, we have requested a refund. In case you want to wait for the item to be in stock, please inform us, such that we can update the claim accordingly.
So I informed them that I would like to wait, and expected to have my claim updated, but...

We appreciate that you would like to wait for the item. Please be informed that the item is not available with us and we do not have an estimated time of arrival, so a refund request has been made for you.

As you want this item, we suggest you to place a fresh order for this after checking the availability of the item on the website.

OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!
buy.com just recommended that I forfeit their previous offer that would just cost me a little time, for one that would cost me over $100 more?!?

I tried again to get it through to them that I would be perfectly fine waiting it out. No Go...

I quoted their previous email in which they said that I could wait for their stock to be replenished. They are still unwilling!

They have recommended that I call them with any further inquisitions... though in the frenzy they have worked me into, I would not want to say something that I would regret.

I wish I could find my happy place... but it got shipped to who knows where :(

Well, after placing an order on the Friday before Memorial day, I finally recieved notice that my card has shipped. It shipped out of Miami, Fl and will arrive on Wednesday, a week and a half after I ordered. My order was fulled by a vendor and not Buy.com as I was told. Maybe mine will be balsck for having to wait so long.

Well boys, I got a bitchin story as well. I ordered two products from buy.com for the first time ever last thursday night. I purchased a corsair 620w psu and i picked up an evga 8800gts v-card as well. Well a day later my psu said it was being shipped and on its way to me, but my Videocard had said that it was still being shipped to the warehouse and it still is saying its being shipped to the warehouse. I figured that yea, they ran out of stock or whatever and so I e-mailed them asking whats up. I got the basic sad e-mail that yea they ran out of stock and have no flipping clue as to when they'll be back in stock. So I'm stuck here waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

I can understand how things in the retail industry can become out of stock but what really gets my blood boiling is that they say they have no estimated time frame as to when they'll have one in stock to send out to me. On top of that, I don't like how when I ordered the video card from them, their site said absolutely nothing of the card being out of stock. Their email response to my questions was that they only update their site once every 24hrs. and when I purchased my card the site hadn't been updated to say it was out of stock...so i had no clue! I would have just bought the damn thing from newegg. Only reason I got it from buy.com was free shipping. Needless to say, I'm never doing business with them again. I could have had my damn videocard by now if i just got it from newegg.

Grrrr:mad:

Nothing from me, either... it's still at 'Sent To Warehouse' about a week later. This is pretty much exactly what happened to me back in September with the Logitech G7, so I kinda expected it... it feels like they're fine until they run out of stock, then the system can't keep up and everything goes to hell in a handbasket. :D The phone reps really don't have any idea what's going on at the warehouses, and I think they honestly don't have a way to find out or something.

That said, I'm not in any hurry here so I'm not too bothered... gives me more time to see if another good deal pops up, I guess. I'm not calling/emailing them and making any noise yet, since that just seems to bring the order to their attention so they can cancel it. :rolleyes:

Sigh.... At this rate I'm going to have to sue them for bait & switch if I want to get my card this year........

This will be the last time I buy from them.

The plot thickens...

I called FedEx today to file my claim with them. (As recommended by fedex when I called when I realized that my package was not where it should be).

I expected to have to file a claim but the lovely FedEx lady (their CS is soo much better) informed me that someone had stopped the track that was issued by FedEx when I had called on Thursday. Why would the track be called off?

The last thing I want to happen is a lawsuit, but this is getting a bit out of hand.

Can the topic poster please note the drama with buy.com and that it's not safe to place this order?

I have bought alot of stuff from buy.com and never had an issue. They are not as fast as the egg though.

Im sorry to hear some of you are having problems, when i first saw this deal i was so tempted but the name "buy.com" made me think twice :rolleyes: and i was strong enough to resist... now im waiting for the Egg to match this sweet deal :p

Back