eVGA 8800GT 512MB for $235

regnak

Limp Gawd
Taken from jaba over at SD.:

ncixus.com has the eVGA e-GeForce 8800GT 512mb model for $234.78 + Shipping. This is the non overclocked 600mhz model.

Brand EVGA
Model 512-P3-N801-A1
Interface PCI Express 2.0
GPU GeForce 8800GT
Core clock 600MHz
Stream Processors 112
Memory Clock 1800MHz(effective)
Memory Size 512MB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3
DVI 2
TV-Out HDTV / S-Video Out

Product link: http://www.ncixus.com/products/index.php?sku=27704

I just paid like 250 over at ClubIT, however i got the new heatsink revision on mine. Great card

This model should overclock well using a good watercooling setup, right? Also, does anyone know if Evga replaces the old coolers with the new upon request?

I wouldn't trust em. I ordered a Galaxy 8800GT from them over 2 weeks ago. They charged me and claimed they shipped it. Well Fed-Ex has said they have only received transmitted data. No package pickup let alone the delivery that should have happened already. I am getting sorta pissed off now. If they would have gotten off their asses I should have had the card back before new years.

Also they have lots of 8800GTs supposedly in stock for good prices.

That's odd, BigGreenMat. I ordered the Galaxy 8800 GTS 512MB last Monday from them. I recieved it on Thursday. Not bad for being shipped from Canada.

I wouldn't trust em. I ordered a Galaxy 8800GT from them over 2 weeks ago. They charged me and claimed they shipped it. Well Fed-Ex has said they have only received transmitted data. No package pickup let alone the delivery that should have happened already. I am getting sorta pissed off now. If they would have gotten off their asses I should have had the card back before new years.

Also they have lots of 8800GTs supposedly in stock for good prices.

Same problem here. I won't be doing business with them again.

Argh, this makes me leery. Suds got his Galaxy card quickly and without any issues, though.

EDIT: I'll give it a shot. I can always cancel if they take too long and/or if a better Evga deal pops up.

Their packaging was pretty bad for a GPU though. It was just in a box with 3-4 packets of air around it and the the graphics card. It got their safe though, so the packaging was adequate, to say the least.

Their packaging was pretty bad for a GPU though. It was just in a box with 3-4 packets of air around it and the the graphics card. It got their safe though, so the packaging was adequate, to say the least.

Thanks for the heads-up. I selected the full insurance option just in case.

nice price, but NCIX is seriously jacking people on shipping. If this was Ebay, I'd be ok with it, because that's just a way to get more money without giving a cut to ebay, but in this instance, they're doing it to make it appear that they're selling the card for less than they are.

For $13.xx shipping, it should be faster than ground and/or include full insurance.

To make matters worse, they're also charging more for the additional insurance to cover the card than Fedex charges.

Taking all of that into account, the card is really selling for 10-15 more than they're asking (assuming they get no break from fedex vs an individual with a fedex account, which is unlikely).

Still a decent price, but I consider the practice a bit shady (even if the company is not).

That's how my BFG came from BB. The card inside the box was in bubble wrap so it had plenty protection inside it's own box.

I just ordered 2 at about $240 a pop not bad, knowing my luck they will be plenty full and have a major price drop in the next week. Honestly I advised against getting to of them seeing how close we are to the next gen cards, but its not my money I'm spending.

I called and apparently they just got a shipment of this particular card in yesterday. I also verified that they are indeed in stock. As for the cooler, the rep said he couldn't check and see since they ship out cards with both the new and old GPU coolers. Since it is a new shipment, however, I'd be inclined the think that there is a good chance that these cards have the coolers with the larger fans on them *crosses fingers*.

Then again, the cooler doesn't matter to me as much since I'll be using a waterblock anyway. I just hope this sucker overclocks to at least 700MHz core.

That's odd, BigGreenMat. I ordered the Galaxy 8800 GTS 512MB last Monday from them. I recieved it on Thursday. Not bad for being shipped from Canada.

Where do you live? I am in Chicago. Whatever they did with my order I have no clue. Like I said though it didn't even process until the 27th after placing the order the 22nd. Now it is the 4th and I have no clue what is going on. It says they have tons in stock so that isn't the problem. I called they claimed they shipped it. I called Fed Ex and and they say they only received an electronic request, but have never scanned it.

All in all NCIXUS is really not doing well.

Where do you live? I am in Chicago. Whatever they did with my order I have no clue. Like I said though it didn't even process until the 27th after placing the order the 22nd. Now it is the 4th and I have no clue what is going on. It says they have tons in stock so that isn't the problem. I called they claimed they shipped it. I called Fed Ex and and they say they only received an electronic request, but have never scanned it.

I live down in Florida. I did order it from the Canadian branch though(just ncix.com, but went to US checkout). I dunno if that makes any difference.

Just a heads-up to anyone who may have ordered, the price dropped a couple bucks and Farcry is now included for free.

Whats a good price to pay for a 8800GT and where?
Reading the above i dont want to order from these guys

Whats a good price to pay for a 8800GT and where?
Reading the above i dont want to order from these guys

Most e-tailors charge about $250-$269 for a vanilla 8800GT.

I've been looking around for a good buy on a 8800GT for about a month now, specifically from Evga. This is the best price I've seen in a while. There were some people back in November that got insane prices, on XFX and MSI cards, but I think most people have yet to see those cards on their doorstep.

I'll keep posting about the progress and when I get my card. If I get it in a timely manner, maybe that will influence your decision.

if you go to the forums on ncixus.com theres a stickied post there stating that they are backed up from the holidays and boxing week. they were supposed to be caught up by the end of this week. that would explain why it took them so long to process your order.

as for the shipping i don't know what the issue is. i ordered an xfx 8800gt from them jan 2, and according to the tracking number i was given, the box left from indianapolis tonight...should be here monday i assume. all in all, seems like very quick shipping considering its coming from canada, and i only paid for regular shipping.

Most e-tailors charge about $250-$269 for a vanilla 8800GT.

I've been looking around for a good buy on a 8800GT for about a month now, specifically from Evga. This is the best price I've seen in a while. There were some people back in November that got insane prices, on XFX and MSI cards, but I think most people have yet to see those cards on their doorstep.

I'll keep posting about the progress and when I get my card. If I get it in a timely manner, maybe that will influence your decision.
cool thanks :)

When it comes to eVGA, MSI, XFX, ect, ect would there be one to choose over the others?

Im soo tempted to order one lol

Just realize that it is somewhat up in the air as to whether or not this card has the new heatsink with a larger fan (which runs cooler and is quieter). I think it might have the new one, but that is 100% speculation.

Personally, I don't care a ton because I'm going to add a GPU block anyway, and if I wasn't I'd get an aftermarket cooler.

I wonder how many of these they have in stock... it hasn't changed since last night...

I'm really thinking about getting this. I have a 7950GT and I want a 9800 for sure but I'm thinking about getting a 8800 then steping up. Although maybe it won't be out within the 3 months.

checked the status of my order this morning, and it is already in atlanta, ga. i live just an hour or so outside atlanta, so its basically here already. that means 3 days to ship from canada to the southern US...very very reasonable to me.

for those of you unsure about getting a card from ncix i would definitely recommend them (provided my card gets here in one piece lol). no issues with my order whatsoever. my bank declined my initial purchase because they thought it was fraud, but once i got it cleared with my bank all i had to do was call ncix and have them retry payment (which took all of about 2 minutes). my card shipped out that same day.

edit: btw, when i was deciding which 8800gt i was going to get i called evga to ask about the cooler on this card. they told me they couldn't guarantee the card i received would have the new cooler. it depends on when the card was manufactured (so how long ncix has had it on their shelves). so if youre concerned about having the new cooler this card is going to be luck of the draw basically.

As far as new fan. I have 2 evga cards, original small fan, and larger new version. the newer one is quieter, but doesnt cool any better. They are both garbage, dont let that be the deciding factor. I replaced both with zalman vf900s.

As far as new fan. I have 2 evga cards, original small fan, and larger new version. the newer one is quieter, but doesnt cool any better. They are both garbage, dont let that be the deciding factor. I replaced both with zalman vf900s.

My new cooler one runs very quiet, and pretty cool. It's oced as well and doesnt break 60's with a new fan profile. :confused:

GPUZ.JPG

Back