EVGA 8800 GS ....should i get it?

psychoti

n00b
assuming that website is the only option for you being in europe it seems to be the best priced.. the 9600GT's on that sight were pretty expensive.

No, first you should:

1. Get a new keyboard without the stuck caps lock key, because shouting in thread titles is a no-no and against forum policies.
2. Stop making multiple threads in multiple subforums about the same thing, since it's against the rules of the [H]ardForum.

Once that's done, then maybe think about a new video card. Any of the choices you've listed are fine cards, although they may be a bit on the powerful side for your system as spec'ced in your sig.

No, first you should:

1. Get a new keyboard without the stuck caps lock key, because shouting in thread titles is a no-no and against forum policies.
2. Stop making multiple threads in multiple subforums about the same thing, since it's against the rules of the [H]ardForum.

I think i correct it!!:eek:

assuming that website is the only option for you being in europe it seems to be the best priced.. the 9600GT's on that sight were pretty expensive.

well that website is giving the best price until now!!
So are you suggesting that i should get the 9600GT instead of the 8800GS?

do you only has a 8600gt right now?

your better of spending your money on a 8800gt or a 9600gt then that card. it wouldnt be a worthwhile upgrade

No, first you should:

Once that's done, then maybe think about a new video card. Any of the choices you've listed are fine cards, although they may be a bit on the powerful side for your system as spec'ced in your sig.

How's about a round of applause for the armchair moderator? :rolleyes:

Get the XFX Alpha Dog. Cheaper, same life-time warranty, but you also get better resale value because of their double warranty protection.

Get the XFX Alpha Dog. Cheaper, same life-time warranty, but you also get better resale value because of their double warranty protection.

That is in the US, and I am grateful since I have a replacement 8800GTS 640MB out with FedEx right now.

Unfortunately, their ROW warranty sucks at only 1 year. No ability to transfer it, either. Better off with another maker for anyone making a Rest-Of-World purchase. A lot of mfgs reduce the warranty for ROW sales, but XFX is harder on them than are others.

Don't get me wrong, I have a pair of XFX cards and XFX is a great company. Like I said, one of my 8800GTS 640MB cards has been replaced due to a covered failure when OCed and water cooled, and that replacement is on its way here (I'd prefer UPS, but FedEx works). I'm just sayin'...

Id say get a 8800GTS 320mb its around $100-120 just spend alittle more for a better card=)

You really need to read up on the rules here. You're hotlinking pictures which is also a huge no no.

On newegg the ASUS HD 3870 card has a higher core clock speed and more stream processors than most 8800GTX cards, but why does it have lower benchmark scores on games? You would think with higher numbers it gives higher performance.

ASUS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121217

vs.
XFX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150297

Yeah, the definition of stream processors is slightly different between ATI and Nvidia...they cannot be compared on paper...performance is what you have to compare!

Back