EVGA 7900GTX vs EVGA 7900GTX Superclock

WaXmAn

2[H]4U
I have been looking at both the EVGA 7900GTX and the EVGA 7900GTX superclock. All I see is that the EVGA 7900GTX superclock is faster out of the box. Are they the same identical cards? Does the EVGA 7900GTX superclock have a better OC'ing gpu and ram, or is the superclock just the same as the regular EVGA 7900GTX but with just a different bios to increase the speeds. I am mainly asking if its just worth to get the EVGA 7900GTX superclock over the regular EVGA 7900GTX. Thanks :D

Technically, you aren't gauranteed speeds above stock, so the superclock is known to go faster speeds while the regular GTX is only known to go at the "stock speed"

However, it's pretty safe to say, especially with the quality of today's cards, that you'd be able to overclock the GTX to GTX Superclock speeds without much of a problem.

Not to mention the problems that are floating around with the eVGA superclocked GTX's. I am picking up a regular GTX the end of this week. Looking forward to the 90nm love:)

Everything that I have heard suggests that the two eVGA 7900GTXs are 100% identical, with the exception of the clock speeds. Therefore you should have no problems overclocking the lower model to the faster one.

WCES Ryan while the chips are identicle only cream of the crop chips make it to the superclocked version and are tested to ensure that you get a working card at such high speeds meaning the normal version of the card gets the chips that couldnt make it to the superclock speeds and you would have to be fairly lucky to clock it to the superclock speeds with the stock cooler.......but to answer the original question i think you should go for the normal version as it is better bang for the buck but if you demand gaurenteed top performance than get the superclocked

Back