eVGA 7900GT KO

But according to eVGA's site, NewEgg's specs are wrong..Should be 500/1500, same as the GT CO, but at the price of the CO SC..I guess it's a flip of the coin for a potential buyer - get a card guaranteed at a faster speed (CO SC), or get a card whose cooler is perhaps a bit more robust, and actually covers the memory (GT KO)...Personally, I'd just save the ~$30, get the 563/GT CO, and put an aftermarket cooler on it (esp since eVGAs warranty covers that sort of thing). They'll in all likelyhood all overclock to around the same speeds anyway. Throw in the easy as pie conductive paint mod, and you'll likely have near GTX speed with any of the 4 models also...

http://evga.com/articles/298.asp

[edit] $5 says eVGA soon releases YET ANOTHER 7900gt variant in the form of a GT KO SC, clocked at or a bit above the CO SC speeds..All these model tags with evga are beginning to make them sound like XFX cards :D . Silly companies are trying to take the fun out of overclocking with all this pre-o/c'd stuff - I guess it's ok..A bit higher profit margins for them, people get cards they want and it gives good companies an ability to continue bringing out new products.

Accodring to the box shot on Newegg's site, newegg's specs are right. The box has a sticker on it proclaiming the 520/1540 clocks.

The part numbers are the same, but perhaps eVGA revised the card after it was announced or something.

Ahh, well, maybe eVGA is the screwup then :). I didn't bother to click the pics @ the Egg, just scrolled down to the specs chart. Still my comment on a 5th 7900gt coming still stands, either way, it's still clocked slower than the CO SC, yet MSRP's @ the same price..Why put a "better" (reserve judgement until someone buys/reviews it) cooler on a card, and not at least ramp up the speed to the SC levels?

I just ordered mine which will arrive Tuesday/Wednesday. I'm going to put the new rig together next weekend (see below) If you guys don't have any definite answers then, I'll post the (as shipped) GPU and memory clocks.

This will be my new Rig:

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert
AMD Athlon 64 FX57 2.8GHz CPU
Swiftech MCX6400-V Heatsink
WD Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB SATA
WD Raptor 740GD 74GB SATA
WD Caviar SE 2500KS 250GB SATAII
eVGA 256-P2-N564 Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB
4x 1024MB OCZ Performance PC3200 DDR (3-3-7-3)
Seasonic S-12 600 PSU
2x PLEXTOR PX-716SA/SW SATA DVD Burner

Auzentech HDA X-Plosion 7.1 DTS Connect Sound Card
Hauppauge WinTV PCI
SilverStone Temjin SST-TJ03 - Black Aluminum Case
LG1980Q 19" LCD Monitor
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Speakers

I don't have the FX-57 yet, so my current A64 3500+ Newcastle will have to do for a little while.

I ended up getting the one that costs $10 more... I forget the p/n but it's like 550/1630 or something but it doesn't have the copper cooler. I have a VF900cu in the same order anyway so I don't care much about the stock cooler. :)

Back