evga 7900gs is a bit slow

Arnge

Limp Gawd
i don't know i read all the Evga 7900GS reviews and every one says i can play ........

maxed and i can't and my screen max res is only 1280*1024.

and i have 2 GB of super talant rams and an MSI 945 GM2 MB

and a 531+ prescott 3.0 1 mb cache prosseor.

what is wrong ?

That card will not do every setting on max with todays games. What games are you trying to play?

It's a good card, but it won't max out newer games. I'm not sure about stock performance though, as it only ran for about 5 minutes at stock in my system.

Did you uninstall all your old drivers and get the new ones from the NV website? That could cause problems like that. But as said above me, we need more info.

i thought it can max every thing at 1280*1024.

can't it , i thought it was the processor that was holding me back.

It could be your processor, try overclocking the card and also what games do you play?

I don't know those games, but when I was running at 1024x768 before I got this monitor, I still was unable to max out newer games.

Define Max. If by Max you mean: 1280x1024, 16xAF, 2x or 4x AA, and all settings on high for textures, shadows, etc at around 60fps, then yeah, you should be able to max most games from the past couple years.

Hell, I have a 7800gs AGP and I can run most everything I play at 1280x1024 with 16AF/2x or 4xAA and most settings on high. I can even run Chroinicles of Riddick at 1920x1200 with everything but Shader Model 2.0++ turned on, and maintain a 40fps average (-ish) With 2.0++ it hits the teens.

If you mean Max, like, trying to use anything over 4xAA and that resolution, I'd say thats a no go.

Why don't you post your in game/control panel settings so we can have a look at what might be holding you up.

Most Wanted and Fifa should not be causing you any issues, the other one I've never heard of. What kind of frames are you getting? Do you have FRAPS running?

Like the previous poster said, you should be fine maxing everything out with that resolution, but forget agressive AA. If you are running with AA, make sure you have MSAA for the transparency AA because there isn't much hope for that card to totally own a new title with SSAA, and likely not a lot of older ones, either. Kill the AA and you are probably going to be just fine.

Definitely good advice up there. There are two settings on your control panel for Transparency AA: MultiSampling, and SuperSampling. I had to turn mine down to MSAA for Riddick, yet on BF2 I can run SSAA, up to 4x. I usually just run the 2xQ mode though.

Also, the performance decrease from 2x to 4x is usually very small, but when you move to 8x there is a huge drop, make sure you don't have crazy AA settings enabled.

Back