eVGA 7800GT CO film on the heatsink

fromage

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an eVGA 7800GT CO, and uh, on the heatsink, there's kinda like an anti-scratch type film, covering the heatsink(not the fan though). My guess is to keep the heatsink from getting scratched, but the film has a lot of air bubbles.

The fan can still spin, but I'm just wondering if I should keep the film on it or peel it off or something. My guess is that peeling it off will void my warranty(something I'm not really fond of doing). It's not that it's annoying, I'm just curious. To be honest, I couldn't care less.

Right now, it's idling at 52 degrees Celsius. I don't know what the load temperatures are, but I did all night looping 3DMark01, so it's pretty stable.

On a side note, anyone have a Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe? Mine is reporting the case temperature as 49 degrees, while the processor is 42 degrees. Never in my life have I seen a case temperature higher than the processor temp. :rolleyes:

Take it off!!! It will melt onto the heatsink. It was there to prevent scratching

On a side note, my 7800GT CO is idling at 44 celcius.
x2 3800 on my A8N-E is at 36C celcius stock HSF while I await my big typhoon :D

Was it meant to be taken off? It would have said in like the manual and stuff, no?

taking off a plastic scratch guard is not going to void the warranty, lol. in fact, eVGA warrants the card even if you have taken off the stock cooler to replace it with a third party one, as long as you dont damage the card in the process.

i like your name BTW, cheesy :p

bokchoy said:
Take it off!!! It will melt onto the heatsink. It was there to prevent scratching

On a side note, my 7800GT CO is idling at 44 celcius.
x2 3800 on my A8N-E is at 36C celcius stock HSF while I await my big typhoon :D
lol melt onto the heatsink...not that hot man.

Man, will removing it make it even more shiney? I like shiney. :p

But yeah, is it supposed to have air bubbles and stuff, though?

it doenst really matter, its just a protective film for shipping.. nothing more.

yes, it will make it more shiney:p

Back