EVGA 770 SC is pumping out some heat!

Capt. Insano

Weaksauce
Just got my EVGA 770 SC 2GB with ACX cooler in the mail today to replace my 670 which was starting to flake out. Plugged it in, installed the latest 326.80 Beta drivers and in Precision, I have it set at +75 GPU offset and +200 mem offset with 106% power and 85C temp target. Got into Skyrim and temps run about 80C on the card with fan set on auto which is running at 95%. Room temp is about 74F and I have a Corsair case with plenty of fans.

It is still a hell of alot quieter than my 670 with a blower fan which sounded like a hair dryer when playing Skyrim. The ACX cooler with the 2 giant fans pushes hot air into the case and I can feel hot air all around the inside of the case. I changed my 2 120mm side fans from pushing into the case to exhaust from the case just to get the hot air out.

Anyone else have this card or this model cooler? How are your temps? Card is still very stable at 80C but just want to make sure the temps are not too high. I know Skyrim pushes GFX cards very hard so this may be normal.

That's way to hot IMO I had a 680 reference (same shit different pile) and it ran like 70-75°C @65-70% fan. That acx cooler should be in the 60s low 70s tops with half that fan speed.

UPDATE:

With the side fans changed to exhaust instead of intake, temps are hovering in the mid 70's now in Skyrim and I have pushed the OC to +100 core offset and +250 mem offset. Thats giving me a boost of 1295 on the core which is nice.

my gigabyte windforce cards have the same issue with the heat pooling inside the case.. I had to change my side fans to exhaust but the cards rarely go over 70c... and they are clocked pretty high.. how's your ventilation around the card? getting fresh air to the cooler so it doesn't suck up it's own hot air.. I actually ran my pc with the side off it for a while and that was the best cooling solution so far.. these non blower coolers are nice and quiet but the heat pooling kind of sucks.

edit: good call... get some air in and then some out on the side.. sounds like you got it dialed in.

Ok, looks like I have this all set up now. I changed my H100i fans, which are mounted on top of my case, from pulling air into the case to exhaust and changed both 120mm side fans into intake which blow directly onto the card. pushed up the OC on the card to +125 core and +300 on the mem which give me 1305 boost and under full load, the card only hits 71C now. I think this 770 SC card still has a little more room but for now, it looks great.

Lol I would've said to switch those hydro fans around asap. I DIDNT KNOW lol. Temps are good now tho. Glad you got it worked out.

Back