eVGA 758 PCIe order

Sufu

[H]ard|Gawd
I have currently a 8800GTS and my Sapphire 5850 is on the way from newegg. I currently have this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188039

And since it says it can do 16x/16x/8x, I'm wondering if I can keep my 8800GTS on the first PCIe slot, and place my 5850 on the second slot and still use the 5850 as my primary card?

My 8800GTS is watercooled and I'm lazy and don't feel like draining the whole loop..

Yes, you can do that. Keep in mind that if you're using Vista you'll only be able to use one card at a time though.

Yes, you can do that. Keep in mind that if you're using Vista you'll only be able to use one card at a time though.

Using Win7 64bit - I read it was possible to use cards from different vendors (nVidia with AMD), so gonna see if I can use my 8800GTS as a physx card along with my 5850.

Using Win7 64bit - I read it was possible to use cards from different vendors (nVidia with AMD), so gonna see if I can use my 8800GTS as a physx card along with my 5850.
Yes, you can do it with Windows 7. Just not Vista. However, you'll need to do some fiddling with drivers, because it's a hacked-in solution (by default, nVidia drivers will disable the card for PhysX if there's also an ATI card in the system).

Back