EVGA 730a motherboard issues

steelodon

Weaksauce
I have an EVGA 730A motherboard with a Geforce 8800GTS 640MB and 4GB DDR2 memory. Two of the DIMMs are Crucial 4-4-4-12 and the other two are Patriot 4-4-4-12. Now I'm getting occasional blue screen issues. Playing TF2 feels like I am going in slow motion. Batman: AA? Forget about it. Any video files that I have saved will not play. They simply freeze in WMP and VLC Media Player. Even music files are choppy when played. Any suggestions? Currently using an AMD Phenom II x4 920 as the CPU.

Here are the specs in detail:

AMD Phenom II x4 920
EVGA 730a Motherboard
4GB DDR2-800 (Crucial 2x1GB 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0V and Patriot 2x1GB 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V)
**Memory currently in unganged mode**
Nvidia (Point of View) Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
OCZ 600W Power Supply
WD Green 640MB
Coolermaster Elite 330

Looked at the BIOS and it shows the RAM in Unganged Mode. Ran MemTest and no errors appeared. Ran a video stress test and no errors appeared for the video card either.

Are you able to catch the blue screen error messages at all? Have you tried pulling one set of ram, and just running with the other set to see if it makes a difference?

Do you happen to get the blue screen issues while in safe mode? Are there newer motherboard drivers to play around with? Hell, are there older ones to mess with? I had a 780a asrock board and it got VERY hot around the NB/VRM heatsink. I had to have a fan on the heatsink, otherwise it would give me all sorts of errors. Maybe it is something along those lines.

Back