EVGA 680i Ntune Problems

JOESKURTU

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know how to monitor temperature while in OS on the EVGA 680i (122-CK-NF68-A1) Motherboard? Ntune monitor is not cooperating.

I would love to try and OC this baby but I cannot without having the ability to see temperatures. I checked the bios and the CPU is 55C at idle (stock Intel cooler). Is this hot?

I tried to install the software on the cd but no luck on some of the software installing. I got the Raeltek drivers to install. Ntune would not install at all. I went to the Nvidia website and downloaded it. I have some issues regarding Ntune.

Every time I start up Nvidia monitor I cannot close it unless I end the task. Secondly, when I try to enable temperatures I cannot exit the options on the monitor so the changes never take affect. Is this a known bug with Windows Vista 32? Oh, and the little arrow thingy never shows up; like part of the dialogue box is not being rendered (cuts off the text). I tried to lower screen resolution with no positive affect.

Some things I might try:

*Flash the Bios and try to re-install software on the cd.

*Accept the Ntune EULA. (Questionable weather this will allow temperature monitoring).:confused:

*Get a new CD from evga.

My specs:
Case: Antec 900
Power: ToughPower 850w
MB: EVGA 680i
CPU: Intel C2Duo E6850 @ stock
Memory: 2x 1gb Corsair DDR2 800 @ stock
Video: PNY 8800GTX @ stock
HD: WD RaptorX 150, Raptor 36
Drive: SAMSUNG 18X SATA DVDRW+LS
Monitor: Acer 24” @ 1920X1200

If you want CPU temps, use CoreTemp / TAT / Speedfan. 55c @ idle is pretty hot, but under load is what really matters. What voltage are you using atm?

Use Prime/Orthos to test for stability when OCing. The stock fan is "meh", much better to spend $30->$60 for a nice heatsink and 120mm fan.

Voltage is whatever came stock in the bios. I will have to check that. I have not modified any parameters in the bios except the time /date and the device boot order for OS installation. I have used vcore and under load the T-junction is 85C. I forgot the individual cores, I will check again.

I have this same exact problem with Ntune on my new system. I'm running Win XP Pro. Funny thing is the first time I ran it it was fine but now this is all it does. I tried reinstalling it, but its still the same. I have exactly what you described below:

Quote:
"Every time I start up Nvidia monitor I cannot close it unless I end the task. Secondly, when I try to enable temperatures I cannot exit the options on the monitor so the changes never take affect. Is this a known bug with Windows Vista 32? Oh, and the little arrow thingy never shows up; like part of the dialogue box is not being rendered (cuts off the text). I tried to lower screen resolution with no positive affect." Unquote:

I have this same exact problem with Ntune on my new system. I'm running Win XP Pro. Funny thing is the first time I ran it it was fine but now this is all it does. I tried reinstalling it, but its still the same. I have exactly what you described below:

Quote:
"Every time I start up Nvidia monitor I cannot close it unless I end the task. Secondly, when I try to enable temperatures I cannot exit the options on the monitor so the changes never take affect. Is this a known bug with Windows Vista 32? Oh, and the little arrow thingy never shows up; like part of the dialogue box is not being rendered (cuts off the text). I tried to lower screen resolution with no positive affect." Unquote:

I figured out part of the problem. Set the desktop DPI to 96 versus 120. Now the arrow things show up and I can see temperatures. If you have enlarged icons set (120 dpi) you should change back to regular icons (96 dpi).

>right click on desktop>properties>appearance tab> font sizes set to normal>apply>close dialogue box.

One day Nvidia will hopefully fix this non-feature (bug).
I hope this helps.

I have an EVGA 680i, and I'm running Ntune with no problems... on Vista x64

Back