Evga 680i A1 Raid 0 locking up?

halcyon

Gawd
Just picked up an Evga 680i A1 mobo and Q6600 chip. I have 2 74GB Raptors in Raid-0 with Windows XP installed. The installation goes flawlessly, even installing all the drivers seems fine. However once I start installing World of Warcraft (no puns here please :p), the system will randomly lockup anywhere between disc1 and the burning crusade dvd. It is never in the same place so it is not a media problem, I tried a IDE dvd drive which didn't solve it either. However I did try windows XP on a single raptor and WoW installed there without a hitch.

The lockups are strange too, the installer becomes unresponsive, then the other sections of the OS become unresponsive when clicked on..

Any thoughts/ideas? Banging my head on the wall here.. using the latest posted nvidia drivers (seem really old though, from 2006)...

Using the latest BIOS (7/2007)?

Both drives are known OK?

Check evga's site for drivers as well.

Ya I am running the P30 bios and the 9.53 drivers from Nvidia's website.

I ran the western digital drive utility from ultimatebootcd, extended test, on both drives and they passed. I installed XP on one by itself yesterday without incident.. trying it now on the other drive but going smoothly so far.

Back