eVGA 680i + 2.2v Crucial Ballistix = bad?

tacos4me

Gawd
Would the 680i have any problem booting up for the first time with 2.2v memory? I don't have a store for miles in which to buy a crap stick to get things rolling. Should I be safe? :confused:

tacos4me said:
What about at the board's default voltage?
What do you mean?

I'm just having an issue where my RAM won't run at it's rated 1142MHz with stock timings and the proc underclocked. I just need to RMA it.

ThePerformer said:
What do you mean?

I'm just having an issue where my RAM won't run at it's rated 1142MHz with stock timings and the proc underclocked. I just need to RMA it.

I've read of people not being able to post because the eVGA 680i's default memory voltage is 1.8v, or 1.9v, I'm not sure which. Did you have any problems booting up for the first time with the Ballistix?

Lots of boards are having this problem.

I never did on my P5B deluxe, and everyone's worried about that.

All (good) RAM should boot at 1.8v, if not it's RMA time.

Well, when you first put in the memory to a 680i board, it boots up with 800 Mhz speeds. I have set up a few 680i systems and all booted on the first attempt with both sticks in place. Then, I jump in and set it to Expert mode, and everything is good to go after that. The Corsair is set to work with this setting.

my ballistix can do much higher than stock mhz at 1.8v. take the 2.2v rating with a grain of salt ;)

HeavyH20 said:
The Corsair is set to work with this setting.
huh? we're talking about CRUCIAL! :D

Back