evga 6800GT too loud. Where can I find another fan?

EricDawg

Limp Gawd
Anyone know where I can get a quieter cooler than the stock fan on my evga 6800GT? I've heard of the arctic cooling NV5? but don't see it on there website or NewEgg? Any other options?

Thanks!

Missed that somehow (user error).

Hopefully it'll be quieter than the stock evga fan. I really wish companies would fess up with some stats on noise. Or better yet... why don't these graphics card companies put a few more cents into their product and make them quiet and cool from the get go? Frustrating.

Thanks again. Placing my order now.
:)

I got mine today and it's definitely much quieter than my stock fan (bfg6800gtoc) and a hell of a lot cooler too. i went from 72 at idle to 59 idle. detect optimal says 437mHz and 1.13gHz :eek:

Whoa, you must have a hot box. Mine idles @ 47, hits 56 after gaming intensely. That's with the stock cooler.

you have the BFG one I assume? Well damn. I wonder if there's variations in the accuracy of the temp senders? Anyhow, I'm not having any problems with the card with the NV5 cooler. My case is actually running cooler now with the 6800gt than it was with my 9600xt and stock cooler.

Back