eVga 6800GT Detect Optimal Frequencies not working

Neo_Cloud_99

Limp Gawd
I'm still waiting on the rest of my parts for my new system but I got my card in so I thought I'd try it out. I installed the new 61.77 drivers from the website. Uninstalled my old drivers and ran driver cleaner etc. Installed the new drivers no problem. When I go in and set it to Manual OC/3D Performance and I click Detect Optimal Frequencies it goes threw the detect bars several times(5-6) which takes a few minutes then it starts locking up and once the video went out, it restarts fine though. I've tried this a few times.

Could it be a driver problem? Card Problem? Power Supply Problem?

can you run 3D without it locking up? the card may be overheating.

I've been playing around with it and running 3D Mark 2001 and 2003 to see what it does. I've manually overclocked it to 425/1.17 with no lockups or texture glitches. I scored 10,833 in 3DMark 03 with my current XP 1700+ thats not overclocked. I'm guessing its ok but for some reason the "detect optimal frequency" thing doesnt want to work.

note: forgive me for sounding dumb but is 1.17ghz on the memory = to 1170? or is that something else?

edit: I installed coolbits 2.0 tweak and that seems to have made the detect work now. It showed 420/1.14, not bad I guess from what everyone else is getting. I think she will go higher though with no problems as I've already been fooling with it like that.

Just use power strip. Start with 375 /1050 and test then go up to 400/1100 test then baby step it from there. Most of the EVGA will do 400 /1100 easily .

I realy like the new powerstrip its robust and ultra stable.

i have the same problem with my eVGA card. My auto detect never works. i can manuall overclock it to about 380/1070, i could go higher i think but i never bothered....i don't know why mine does not work either.

Neo_Cloud_99 said:
note: forgive me for sounding dumb but is 1.17ghz on the memory = to 1170? or is that something else?

1.17GHz = 1170MHz. thats what i've got my card at.

nice overclock.

Back