EVGA 6800GT 256MB PCI-Express @ newegg $359 w/ free shipping

Any time I buy something from there that says its on sale, it shows up 20 bucks cheaper the next day...I really have to stop buying from them.

On second thought, that's probably why they usually ship my stuff out immediately.

Damn, this could have convinced me to switch to buy a new CPU and MB for PCI-Express. Too bad I ordered an 6800GT AGP card already. Ohh well.

Followup: I got them to credit me the price disparity (actually $35.99) although it took two calls and the second guy had to get his supervisor to do it.

A policy note about Newegg BTW - they credit returned/undelivered shipments back in full including the shipping amount. If you get a guy on the phone that realizes that you're already going to get the lower price, and the only difference is whether or not the customer comes away feeling happy about your service...

Arrgh...tempting. Anyone with ins with Nvidia know if we're going to see price cuts on the 6800 lines (given the X800XL) in the next month or so? I've got some time before I get my Tyan dualie setup going so I can wait...

I'm no insider, but $359 shipped is probably a good thing to jump on for the foreseeable future.

Back