EVGA 670 Bios Post

ODL

n00b
Is there a way to change which monitor the video card posts to on boot?

Unfortunately, it seems it defaults POST to whatever is the lowest in the chain.

1) Displayport
2) HDMI
3) DVI-D
4) DVI-I/VGA

I use all 4 connections, so unfortunately I can't shuffle the plugs around.

1) 30"
2) TV
3) 20"
4) Projector

My everyday video output setup is the 30" and 20" (#1 & 3). The computer unfortunately tries to post to the projector (#4), even with it being off, so I can never see post unless I physically unplug it... which then it goes to the 20" (#3) which doesn't work for me either, since I have it in portrait mode.

Is there a way to manually change the default output of the card? It's an EVGA 670 FTW.
I remember ATI's would clone output to everything. I've searched the web with no avail...this is pretty retarded.

I am bumping this thread because I am having the same problem.
Just got a 670 after using ATI cards for a while.
Hopefully there is a solution.

Hello,

Their are options under the Nvidia Control Panel that will allow you to change your main display. To include setup of the attached devices, cloning and to make your primary device.

Once you have the nvidia contorl panel open go to the "setup multiple display settings" on the left hand side.

how does the change what happens during POST though?
once I get to the windows login screen I am fine, the issue is during the whole POST/boot process.

I had this problem with my Galaxy GTX 560ti and the Galaxy rep tried helping me out for a while. It seems it is the way nVidia has set it up. Whatever monitor was connected to the DVI port would show the post screen but the monitor on the HDMI port would only start when the windows drivers started.

Back