EVGA 30xx series is up

Answers to some questions from the EVGA folks on their forum.

EVGATech_LeeM
Also, to answer about half the questions in this thread:
  • Currently no pre-order planned. Similarly, no pricing is available at this time.
  • Like the US store, we cannot generally comment on availability at this time for the EU store. Availability, however, will not be any sooner than the dates NVIDIA mentioned for each GPU.
  • HYBRID, HC, and KPE cards will come a bit later than the XC3 and FTW3 cards. No ETA to give you, which is probably your next question.
  • HYBRIDs will be 240mm, except for KPE HYBRID, whch will be 360mm. No plans for a 120mm HYBRID at this time.
  • HYBRIDs will be 2 Slot.
  • XC3 cards will all be 2.2 slots. Length is 11.23in. - 285.37mm / Height is 4.38in. - 111.15 mm.
  • FTW3 cards will be 2.75 slots. Length is 11.81in. - 300mm / Height is 5.38in. - 136.75mm.
  • There will be an EVGA NVLINK. No ETA at this time.
  • Since I've seen this mentioned incorrectly, all cards are 3 DisplayPort, 1 HDMI.
  • PowerLink is expected to work with the XC3 models. For obvious reasons, it will not work with the 3090/3080 FTW3 cards due to the number of PCIe power connectors. Either way, we will have the compatibility list updated when the cards are available on the website.
  • Step-Up will begin when cards are available. Products will not be listed prior to general availability. I would expect one of the XC3 models will be listed for availability, but we will make that decision prior to general availability.
  • I'm not sure why people assume bots are buying cards over regular people. It was a popular reason for why 20-Series cards were always out of stock, which completely ignored literal supply and demand issues (lots of people wanted them, but there weren't many initially). Yes, there are per person quantity caps for each card. Yes, we require captcha to login, which is also required to create a profile. This should help to comfort some of you.

Might be time for me to upgrade my EVGA 1080TI Hybrid. Though I'm really curious to see what they're going to use. Surely a single 140 rad is not enough for these monster TDPs no?

My plan since the Hybrid's come later is to see how benchmarks look for the 30-34" ultrawide users.

Last edited:
Of the 2-3 manufacturers I might get an nVIDIA RTX 30 series card from, eVGA is on my list. So is MSI and ASUS. I've seen eVGA and ASUS today. Nothing from MSI yet. But ASUS and eVGA looked equally good. Cool details shared from eVGA's forums. I'm excited. Out!

Might be time for me to upgrade my EVGA 1080TI Hybrid. Though I'm really curious to see what they're going to use. Surely a single 140 rad is not enough for these monster TDPs no?

My plan since the Hybrid's come later is to see how benchmarks look for the 30-34" ultrawide users.

I'd watch forums for the 1st iteration of hybrid 3090 problems.

1080ti sc2 was the problem child that looked like a 980ti carry over, FTw3 was the fix.

Gosh, I hope we will get the XC3 on release day. That one should be Reference Design, right?

The FE isn't the reference PCB...
Nvidia uses their own PCB for the founders and supplied the AIB Partners with a reference design they can use. Also the AIBs will also have their own designs for the more expensive cards.
From the thread:

I got in touch with someone at EVGA via their chat and learned some concerning information.
According to EVGA, Nvidia has not supplied a reference design for the 3000 series cards. All AIB partners are creating their own PCB designs

EVGA chat reps may be clueless, though.

From the thread:

I got in touch with someone at EVGA via their chat and learned some concerning information.
According to EVGA, Nvidia has not supplied a reference design for the 3000 series cards. All AIB partners are creating their own PCB designs

Not like they are going to glue it onto a rectangle pita bread lol

Wouldn’t look to far into what these stupid chat reps say. I had a HP (supervisor) chat rep tell me my 2070 Super in my 2020 HP Omen 17 laptop is 500watts after I asked which version is in my build lmao.

From the thread:

Not sure I find it concerning. All the AIBs end up with custom board designs sooner or later. This just means they do it right off the bat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200905-082046_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200905-082046_Chrome.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 0
That will work for me, I could care less about all the rgb stuff.

Although it looks like its 2x8pin only, so there's probably very little overclocking headroom (350W stock vs 375W max from 2x8pin)--I suspect the highest power limit you can achieve is maybe 107% on these cards.

It looks like the higher priced cards with better coolers are also being differentiated by gating the power consumption. Although a 2.2 slot 3090 probably can barely handle the stock TDP anyway is my guess.

What does the screen size have to do with performance?

Mainly due to the increased resolution. 3440 × 1440. I guess this would categorize in as 4K? I haven't really been following all the terminology these days.

Mainly due to the increased resolution. 3440 × 1440. I guess this would categorize in as 4K? I haven't really been following all the terminology these days.
Easy linear (meaning simple) way to compare these is via megapixels, or just the horizontal multiplied by the vertical, then divided one thousand.

So 3440 * 1440 / 1000 is just under five megapixels, while UHD at 3840 * 2160 is 8.3MP. So 3440 x 1440 is only about 60% the resolution of 4k.

Whatever their cheapest 3090 is is the one I’ll be buying.

so all these 'OC' versions of AIB's are not worths ? I had my eye on the TUF one.

So what exactly is the difference between BLACK and the normal XC3? Clocks say they are the same.

Extra $70 for an additional 40 MHz boost doesn't seem worthwhile when the FE can clock up to 2 GHz anyway.

I haven't seen FE hit 2 GHz, it seems to top out around 1940 MHz due to power limits.

Easy linear (meaning simple) way to compare these is via megapixels, or just the horizontal multiplied by the vertical, then divided one thousand.

So 3440 * 1440 / 1000 is just under five megapixels, while UHD at 3840 * 2160 is 8.3MP. So 3440 x 1440 is only about 60% the resolution of 4k.

Nice to know! I just want to hit 120 FPS since I run a 120Hz refresh rate monitor. It's looking more and more like the 3080 is the way to go and save the 700-800 to either step up to a 3080 TI from EVGA or something....

Somebody called the red ring on the side of the 30 cards a prolapsed anus and now I can't stop laughing.

Related, EVGA announced yesterday they would release a new version of the cards with swappable colors. Free for existing owners.

Could anyone give at least approximate distance between these two holes (for VRM cooling purposes)? Thank you!

Attachments

• 382791_0jkr60M.png
    382791_0jkr60M.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Based on the dimensions of the die area which I took from this image, the spacing is roughly 89mm
Package-scaled.jpg

3080vrm.png

Back