EVGA 3090 Ti FTW3 Gaming $1149.99 @ EVGA.com

Comparing that to the old 2080ti's is a bit, nostalgic? IIRC, didn't those hit $500 for new cards right before the 30 series launched? Everyone was selling theirs used cheap as the retail dropped to the floor, only to bounce back due to lack of available 30 series cards. Or, am I misremembering?

Feels similar. So, these might be a good deal if we repeat that drama.

Don't forget an associate code for an extra 3% off! That's around $35 for this amount.

Comparing that to the old 2080ti's is a bit, nostalgic? IIRC, didn't those hit $500 for new cards right before the 30 series launched? Everyone was selling theirs used cheap as the retail dropped to the floor, only to bounce back due to lack of available 30 series cards. Or, am I misremembering?

Feels similar. So, these might be a good deal if we repeat that drama.
The 3090Ti is another level of crazy. One thing that pushes up the 3090 price (other than the nVidia loving money) is the butt-ton of RAM. The 2080 Ti had 11GB of RAM, the 3090 (and Ti) have 24GB. It's also expensive RAM.

Very tempted to nab one of these upon the rumored price drop next month and rotate my old'n'dusty 3090 to my desktop build. There seems to be an air of confidence regards the 4xxx series stock while the prices seem to plunge. I might be willing to gamble on being able to step up to a 4090 (the 3090 was much easier to get than the others during the shortage).

Very tempted to nab one of these upon the rumored price drop next month and rotate my old'n'dusty 3090 to my desktop build. There seems to be an air of confidence regards the 4xxx series stock while the prices seem to plunge. I might be willing to gamble on being able to step up to a 4090 (the 3090 was much easier to get than the others during the shortage).
You will likely get hosed badly on that. Small performance bump over your 3090 when the 40 series is likely to offer a much larger increase. Will also potentially cut the value of the 3090 ti roughly in half. But hey maybe there's another crypto price inflation spike right around the corner!

You will likely get hosed badly on that. Small performance bump over your 3090 when the 40 series is likely to offer a much larger increase. Will also potentially cut the value of the 3090 ti roughly in half. But hey maybe there's another crypto price inflation spike right around the corner!

If the 4xxx series is available, then it's assumed I'd be stepping up to it. And it's not about the upgrade over the 3090, but being able to put the 3090 in my desktop PC (which is without a GPU at this second).

And if I'm not going to be able to step up due to GPU shortages again, then the value of the card isn't going to drop as fast as you might think.

If the 4xxx series is available, then it's assumed I'd be stepping up to it. And it's not about the upgrade over the 3090, but being able to put the 3090 in my desktop PC (which is without a GPU at this second).

And if I'm not going to be able to step up due to GPU shortages again, then the value of the card isn't going to drop as fast as you might think.
I haven't used the step up program but from what other forum members have said recently the step up program can not be relied upon. And right now there are no shortages, in fact we have a glut of inventory/supply which is likely to increase in the coming months when ETH forks.

Using the step up program didn't work out to well for people last gen..

Back