eVGA 285 FTW at the 'Egg

a from an 8800 ultra...to a 280 to two 285s and this warranted a new thread?

id say it would warrant a thread if u already received said cards and posted pics with the original post.... :p

3288660608_0f95e809df_b.jpg

I'll play since the OP likes to post "Hey look at me!" before we can actually see what he got :rolleyes:

Picked up a PNY GTX285 from BB for 290 shipped...had some gift cards from years ago laying around, figured what the hell. Time to see how these OC. Now, if my 26" monitor could get here just a *little* sooner than Thursday....

just out of curiosity, are you getting the 3 (you said couple, so i would assume more than 2 and 3 is max) GTX 285 FTWs for benchmarking and just insanely high FPS?

Because based on what i've read, including Kyles new review, you wont get any really world advantage by shelling out over $1200 on the cards.

I was in the same boat as you and was gonna pick up 3x 285 FTWs asap, but after thinking about it i thought it'd just be better to stick with my 4870 x2 and save the $1200 for the next generation of gpus....

just out of curiosity, are you getting the 3 (you said couple, so i would assume more than 2 and 3 is max).

Wtf?

Um, I don't know what planet you're from, but here on Earth a couple is known as 2, you know, like how people can be a couple, i.e. there's two of them.

Wtf?

Um, I don't know what planet you're from, but here on Earth a couple is known as 2, you know, like how people can be a couple, i.e. there's two of them.

couple can mean more than two in this context. context is key:p

I bit for one. Should be a nice upgrade from an 8800 GTS(512).

Tark

More funny is that more than 2 and 3 max, is still 3. My kind of couple, so long as it's 2 girls, and me. Only me.

Why spend so much on the FTW cards. My evga SC cards are running buttery smooth at 725core :)

Well, because if your SC card can do 725, then the FTW edition has a good chance of doing 750 and higher buttery smooth. These are the most cherry picked cards afterall. To some people that's worth something.

But an extra 50 bucks more? The vanilla is 355, SC is 360, FTW is 410. Thats a steep jump for 25mhz.

Congrats on the new cards recluse. I went XFX this round for the price and looking to the future when I sell it. Lifetime Warranty is transferable. Enjoy your smokin' new build.. :)

Thanks, been a eVGA customer for years, the XFX warranty is pretty nice though. The cards should be here today. Going to dink around with SLI, and then one of the card is going into a new build for a good friend of mine.

Thanks, been a eVGA customer for years, the XFX warranty is pretty nice though. The cards should be here today. Going to dink around with SLI, and then one of the card is going into a new build for a good friend of mine.

Yeah, I've had 5 or 6 different EVGA cards over time myself. XFX was always second for me but had to follow the money this time and didn't see myself stepping-up in the next three months.

Wtf?

That depends on what your definition of "is" is.
But what does an old redneck know. I quit school in the 15th grade.

Back