eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 SLi mATX Mobo Thread

shaunatk, I found the nvidia audio drivers don't work w/ the optical or coaxial out. Switched to the ac97 drivers from realtek and works fine now.

I've been searching all over the web and can't find any help with this problem. When I suspend to ram (s3) it would suspend and immediately resume. Maybe once every 10 times it would work and stay suspended, but every other time it would wake right back up. I've tried the nforce drivers from ega, nvidia w/o luck. I've also tried disabling the audio and nic also. Possibly the psu, but I used to run the same setup w/ a MSI K8NGM2-FID board just fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

specs:

xp pro x64
eVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX
AMD x2 3800+ (oc to 2.5ghz)
eVGA 7600GT
2x 512 Kingston ram
2x Seagate 7200.9 160gb (raid1)
Samsung DVD writer
Ultra X-finity 400w

shaunatk, I found the nvidia audio drivers don't work w/ the optical or coaxial out. Switched to the ac97 drivers from realtek and works fine now.

Well that's nice. Downloading now. Thanks for the response, I'll let you know how it goes.

everyone in this thread should email EVGA to request updated BIOS for this board...

.2GhZ with an opty 165 (CCBBE) is garbage.

my opty 180 couldn't touch, anything past 100mhz overclock on this evga board. But dose well over 2.8 on my DFI.

for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. Then I swaped out my ram and all my problems went away. I can up the voltage without failg to post, I can run 1t, and I have ran 24hours of dual prime at 2.75...

try different ram

has anyone confirmed the USe of the 2 yellow PCIe slots when usieng on video in the middle blue slot. I would like to use my hardware PCIe 1x NIC in there.

has anyone confirmed the USe of the 2 yellow PCIe slots when usieng on video in the middle blue slot. I would like to use my hardware PCIe 1x NIC in there.

Tried it and didn't work. Need to configure the board for SLI, and put the video card in one of the SLI 8x ports, then the other slots will work for your PCIE 1X card. Personally I would take the integrated nvidia GB LAN myself, but I have to do the same thing as you for my PCIe 1x TV Tuner.
Jason

Tried it and didn't work. Need to configure the board for SLI, and put the video card in one of the SLI 8x ports, then the other slots will work for your PCIE 1X card. Personally I would take the integrated nvidia GB LAN myself, but I have to do the same thing as you for my PCIe 1x TV Tuner.
Jason

Thanks for the input, I had tried just putting the nic in the bottom yellow slot when my video was in the middle blue slot, but that just made my video run 8x and the nic still didn't work. My case is kinda hard to get open to the point of removing the video card so I didn't want to try moving it myself.

Thanks, ill just use the onboard. I think im getting a new board anyway one with just a PCIe slot and a pair of 1x slots. Im looking for the older Biostar Tforce board.

Also, has anyone tried to use a eSATA bracket and eSATA drive on this mobo? My system will not see the eSATA drive at all, and it when it plugged in and on it makes it hang at post for about 2 mins before skipping past the HDD detection for that port.

The same bracket and eSATA drive works on 3 other computers I have tried.

Any one know where I can find the drivers for this board? The EVGA website breaks it down by chipset and all the nVidia chipsets look the same to me. Indeed, it looks as though all but the audio drivers are missing.

Also, even with CnQ installed and running, my Zalman 7700cu seems to be running constantly at around 2500rpm whereas with my old Foxconn board, it would throttle down to silence when not under load...

So what would I download from nVidia then? It's not 100% clear which is pertinent to the EVGA board.

Also I already have CnQ installed and working but my fans remain at 2500rpm. How can I fix it?

Thanks. Any thoughts on why my fan is running at 100% all the time? I have installed Cool'n'Quiet and set the correct power level on the Power Management control panel and the CPU idles at 1.0GHz. However, the fan is still blasting away at max speed even though the CPU is a cool 34 degrees centigrade.

I wrote to EVGA who said that CnQ only works with the stock AMD HSF (sounds like bullshit to me). So I put that back in and that runs at 100% all the time too.

I loaded up Speedfan but that does not appear to be able to recognise either the AMD HSF or my Zalman 7700cu. There seems to something wrong with the motherboard or an option I have missed.

It's all a far cry from my Foxconn mATX board which had a "SmartFan" BIOS feature that kept the unit quiet and cool at all times.

Am I missing something really basic here?

I just got myself this mobo. I'm running an X2 3800+, 2x 8800GTX, 4x1gb Team Xtreem 500mhz RAM, OP750 PSU. I was hoping to get a nice OC on the CPU. My A8N32SLi Deluxe takes this chip all the way up to 2.7ghz. I can only get it up to 220FSB on this mobo, RAM at 2.3.2.5 n 1T. Vcore at 1.50V, Vdimm at 2.85V. These settings r totally stable. I can loop 3DM05 on it for hours. However, if I try to take it beyond 220FSB it doesn't boot at all. Any tips from u guys?

try running just two sticks at 2T (keep in mind that almost anything that will fit in a 939 socket will hold back a single gtx. two is just more heat and noise without the cpu power to back it up)

try running just two sticks at 2T (keep in mind that almost anything that will fit in a 939 socket will hold back a single gtx. two is just more heat and noise without the cpu power to back it up)

My main rig also uses 2x8800GTX but on the A8N32SLi mobo n X2 4200+ at 2.7ghz. N the X2 doesn't hold me back at all as I game on a 30" ACD. At those resos, any decent dual core will be just fine. I've also got a Conroe mobo n chip combo but it didn't make any difference so I just stuck with my favorite mobo, the A8N32SLi in the end.

Anyway, I've tried 2T n 2 sticks with no luck either.

My main rig also uses 2x8800GTX but on the A8N32SLi mobo n X2 4200+ at 2.7ghz. N the X2 doesn't hold me back at all as I game on a 30" ACD. At those resos, any decent dual core will be just fine. I've also got a Conroe mobo n chip combo but it didn't make any difference so I just stuck with my favorite mobo, the A8N32SLi in the end.

Anyway, I've tried 2T n 2 sticks with no luck either.

I think there was some tests done, that show the c2d holding back 8800GTX SLI... so a lowly 4200 even overclocked is for sure holding back your SLI.

EDIT: FOUND IT, its [H]ard own review..

"From our experiences playing at 2560x1600 on the Dell 3007WFP 30” LCD with two BFGTech GeForce 8800 GTXs in SLI we can definitely see a trend. Quite simply the AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 is bottlenecking the 8800 GTX SLI to varying degrees."

and I think the FX62 is a bit faster than a 2.7Ghz, 4200+

I dont need to rely on reviews. I haf lotsa hardware of my own to try out n I can tell u 1st hand. If I'm getting 150FPS in CS Source with the X2, n the Conroe gives me another 10FPS. Oh wow! BIG HUGE IMPROVEMENT eh? Go get urself 2x 8800GTX, sum S939 mobos, sum X2 chips, sum 775 mobos, sum Conroe chips, a 30" monitor to test on n then come back n tell me "oh yeah the Conroe ROXORS coz it gave me 10 more FPS" when the X2 already gives u 150FPS. LOL!

Besides this is not the right thread to go on about how awesome the Conroe is n what not. This thread is about the EVGA MATX SLi mobo n that's what I came into this thread for.

umm ok, but dude.. your talking CS source here... my old 7800GT can do CS as high res and break 100fps and my 8800GTX can do better. Get a real game to challenge 8800GTX SLI. On any older game, even BF2, and 2142, your frame rates are going to be so high, CPU bottle neck dose not mean squat. but on newer stuff that challenges the 8800GTX SLI, the next gen CPUs are going to give 8800GTX there full power.

You don't seem to understand what a bottleneck means. Yes, 8800GTX SLI will run great with just about any SLI supporting setup you can put it on. But, the CPU will be holding you back form using the full power of the cards, thats a fact. Even the C2D will hold it back it seems.. its not just any review its a [H]ard review

So do us a favor, and read so you know what’s going on before posting this crap, or take your multiple platforms and bench it yourself. Then post it when you’re done. Please plase please! Take all your gear and prove this [H] review wrong. If you have a 775 mobo, and chip, then why run an old as s939 4200+? Please post of a picture of all this great stuff you have. By the way I chose to get a AM2 6000+ over a e6400, because im a AMD fanboy that’s it. I saw that the 6000+ was fast enough for me and i saw no reason to jump ship on AMD yet, so STFU with your fanyisma crap.

If you read what I said, then you should know, I wasn’t going off on how great Conroe is. I was replaying to you saying “any decent dual core will be just fine.” People should be able to read truth, and the truth is, that’s, any decent dual core will not do if you’re talking high res and high end SLI.

Side note: Learn freaking English so we all don’t have to read you crap 3 time to relize you don’t know what your talking about.
“N” is not a substation to “and, or IN”
“haf” is not a substation to have
“lotsa” is not a substation to lots of

Yeah, show me sustained 100+ FPS in Oblivion with all settings maxed!! :cool:

- JT

umm ok, but dude.. your talking CS source here... my old 7800GT can do CS as high res and break 100fps and my 8800GTX can do better. Get a real game to challenge 8800GTX SLI. On any older game, even BF2, and 2142, your frame rates are going to be so high, CPU bottle neck dose not mean squat. but on newer stuff that challenges the 8800GTX SLI, the next gen CPUs are going to give 8800GTX there full power.

You don't seem to understand what a bottleneck means. Yes, 8800GTX SLI will run great with just about any SLI supporting setup you can put it on. But, the CPU will be holding you back form using the full power of the cards, thats a fact. Even the C2D will hold it back it seems.. its not just any review its a [H]ard review

So do us a favor, and read so you know what’s going on before posting this crap, or take your multiple platforms and bench it yourself. Then post it when you’re done. Please plase please! Take all your gear and prove this [H] review wrong. If you have a 775 mobo, and chip, then why run an old as s939 4200+? Please post of a picture of all this great stuff you have. By the way I chose to get a AM2 6000+ over a e6400, because im a AMD fanboy that’s it. I saw that the 6000+ was fast enough for me and i saw no reason to jump ship on AMD yet, so STFU with your fanyisma crap.

If you read what I said, then you should know, I wasn’t going off on how great Conroe is. I was replaying to you saying “any decent dual core will be just fine.” People should be able to read truth, and the truth is, that’s, any decent dual core will not do if you’re talking high res and high end SLI.

Side note: Learn freaking English so we all don’t have to read you crap 3 time to relize you don’t know what your talking about.

LOL! OK. U da man with the big bux n shiat. Young ppl these days, always going ballistic. 24 n all grown up, acting like a guru on the interweb. :rolleyes: I'm not even gonna bother replying to u anymore. Big waste of time talking to ppl like u who always go off topic 1st about CPUs n then english.

Aside from other capitalization, punctuation, and grammar errors, you completely forgot how to spell, say, or use the phrase "substitution for," instead choosing "substation to."

Be careful, for the first people to call out poor use of the language are often big-time voilators themselves.

Also yes, there are a LOT of 13 to 24-year-olds on the Internet. I find it best to just ignore their naivitee and evident ignorance as often as possible, because lowering yosuelf to it rarely makes you look better.

Aside from other capitalization, punctuation, and grammar errors, you completely forgot how to spell, say, or use the phrase "substitution for," instead choosing "substation to."

Yea, I was just irritated, but I do normally spell things wrong :) , and grammar isn't the greatest either.

LOL! OK. U da man with the big bux n shiat. Young ppl these days, always going ballistic. 24 n all grown up, acting like a guru on the interweb. :rolleyes: I'm not even gonna bother replying to u anymore. Big waste of time talking to ppl like u who always go off topic 1st about CPUs n then english.

thats all you have to back your self up?

I got a x2 4200+ manchester on this board but i cant go higher then 2400 on 240x10 and its not even prime stable for 2min. Anyone got any suggestions to get it stable or higher? I would like to hit 2.6ghz if thats possible on this board.

So far i have at:
Fsb@ 240
Multiplier@ 10
Ht@600mhz
Ram Divider@ 166mhz
Cpu Voltage 1.5v
Ram Voltage 2.75

Stock 4pipe cooler, FSP 450w psu, 2x 512mb Corsair pc4000 pro

Any help is appreciated, thx.

I got a x2 4200+ manchester on this board but i cant go higher then 2400 on 240x10 and its not even prime stable for 2min. Anyone got any suggestions to get it stable or higher? I would like to hit 2.6ghz if thats possible on this board.

So far i have at:
Fsb@ 240
Multiplier@ 10
Ht@600mhz
Ram Divider@ 166mhz
Cpu Voltage 1.5v
Ram Voltage 2.75

Stock 4pipe cooler, FSP 450w psu, 2x 512mb Corsair pc4000 pro

Any help is appreciated, thx.

Prolly your memory holding you back, is it at 2t or 1t?

If its at 1t, then try setting it back to stock clocks and runing prime. Ill bet it cant even run 1t stock. set it to 2t and your good to go :)

I own this mobo, and I have RMAd it twice, thus I have tried 3 unique copies of this board. None of them have actually altered the cpu voltage when I change it in the BIOS. every app, including the bios, reports ~1.35v no matter what I set the voltage to (even setting it lower).

I am using a 4400+.

Does anyone know how fix that?

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I have a few questions about this board.

Does everyone elses board have a red LED for the 5VSB line that is on all the time with the PSU plugged in? I'd find it odd if they chose to use red which usually signifies a problem rather than a green one. Otherwise my PSU might be at fault somehow.

What temps are people getting with these and if reading from Speedfan which temp do you use for the correct readout? Core or Temp1? Sometimes temp1 reads 5 C hotter than my core temps and other times its a good 10C cooler. My fans are also unable to have their speeds adjusted either in speedfan or ntune. RPM shows up fine but changing their speed does nothing.

Also, is anyone else here getting varied readings from the PC health status in the BIOS and the temp displayed on the post screen too? The post screen reads a good 15C hotter than the temp listed under the bios.

Anyone here have an issue with the Corsair hx520w not moving enough air to adequately cool with a NT06?

I was wondering if anyone could help me a little with these settings. I'm a newbie to overclocking.

EVGA SLI MATX Board
AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.2 /AMD Stock cooler
2 GB Kingston HyperX KHX3200A/1G 400MHz DDR Non-ECC (CL2 2-3-2-6-1 2.6V)Stock
1 XFX 8800GT OC 640mhz
Maxtor 200gb Sata 2
Ultra ULT31852 X2 X-Connect 550W Power Supply
Lite-on DVD
Qpack Blue(windows)

I used the timings from an earier post in this tread.

9X x 255=(2.289GHZ)
CPU FSB 255
Mem FSB 166 @ Voltage 1.525v
Mem Voltage is 2.85

Memory timing ar 3-4-4-8 2T

Hypertrasnsport 600 or 3x.

I don't really know what I'm doing maybe someone can help me push this a little more. Any sugestions. Not sure if anyone even cares about this chip anymore because their busy overclocking the new intel chips. Also is my CPU a major bottleneck for my 8800GT? I just replaced my Geforce 7900 GT. I still love this machine....

you really can t ask for more out of that board than your current OC.

I am running mine with an x2 4800+ but I had a an opty 165 previously... should have kept my t-force 6100-939.

I was wondering if anyone could help me a little with these settings. I'm a newbie to overclocking.

EVGA SLI MATX Board
AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.2 /AMD Stock cooler
2 GB Kingston HyperX KHX3200A/1G 400MHz DDR Non-ECC (CL2 2-3-2-6-1 2.6V)Stock
1 XFX 8800GT OC 640mhz
Maxtor 200gb Sata 2
Ultra ULT31852 X2 X-Connect 550W Power Supply
Lite-on DVD
Qpack Blue(windows)

I used the timings from an earier post in this tread.

9X x 255=(2.289GHZ)
CPU FSB 255
Mem FSB 166 @ Voltage 1.525v
Mem Voltage is 2.85

Memory timing ar 3-4-4-8 2T

Hypertrasnsport 600 or 3x.

I don't really know what I'm doing maybe someone can help me push this a little more. Any sugestions. Not sure if anyone even cares about this chip anymore because their busy overclocking the new intel chips. Also is my CPU a major bottleneck for my 8800GT? I just replaced my Geforce 7900 GT. I still love this machine....

Hmmm I can hit 2.39 ghz with the following spec ...

EVGA SLI mATX 131-K8-NF44 (E02 BIOS)
AMD Opteron 164
ZALMAN FATAL1TY FS-C77
HIPER 4 SERIES 500WATT PSU
320GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA
80GB MAXTOR 6Y080L0 IDE
1GB CORSAIR TWIN XMS PC3200 DDR(400)
XFX 7900GT EXTREME 256mb MEM 1500mhz / GPU 520mhz

here are my settings . . .

CPU RATIO - 10x
CPU FREQUENCY - 239mhz
CPU VOLTAGE - 1.4v
DRAM FREQUENCY - 166mhz
VDIMM VOLTAGE - 2.75v
HT - 800mhz (4x)
DRAM TIMINGS
CAS LATENCY - 3
RAS ACTIVE TIME - 8
RAS TO CAS - 3
RAS PRECHARGE - 3
DRAM COMMAND RATE - 2

This is the most stable I have had the system running getting on average around 5000 marks in 3dmark 2006.

Have you tried using the ntune facility from nvidia ... to test system stability.

also a great couple of tools are cpu-z and hardware monitor for checking activity.

I must admit, when I purchased these components back in early 2006 I was told by the seller I would hit 3ghz no probs ... I put the build together and I am yet to hit 3 ghz lol

my main probs seem to be only when I go above 2.39ghz
1) 0x000 at 0x000 instruction error in ntune stability test.
2) nv4_disp blue screen of death in 3dmark2006.

plus in bios I cannot go above 1.50v for CPU , system will not post or boot!

My only hope is my information will help others and myself ... conquer a board that looks so very tasty at first glance but turns out to be quite sour in reality.

PS I am not an experienced overclocker.

Holy crap, this thread is still around? Wow.

Uhh, drivers...drivers...lemme see...

eVGA's website, probably. They're probably outdated though, but it's a good place to start. :)

Ya thats were i started, found some earlier, was just wondering if there were any new ones or modded ones i should get.:D

Back