EVGA 1080 FTW

bubzee

n00b
I prefer maximum performance at the loss of quality. Right now i dip as low as 80 fps for most games on low settings. Some larger scale fps i have to turn down resolution to 1400x900. My question is, is it worth upgrade to a 1080ti or a RTX to stay competitive?

I prefer maximum performance at the loss of quality. Right now i dip as low as 80 fps for most games on low settings. Some larger scale fps i have to turn down resolution to 1400x900. My question is, is it worth upgrade to a 1080ti or a RTX to stay competitive?
What is your CPU?

Although I maintain a constant 100 fps. I eventually want to upgrade my display to 240hz.

Are you hitting 2100 core? 1080 ftw should hit that easy. Also, what games are you having trouble with?

i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz
you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers-30070070.png

mehhh why ramp clocks up for nada, burn more power.. Epeen rights?

sounds to me that by going specific res and or higher Hz etc with "some" adjustments will allow better play as you have, at even more "pretty" levels, though I suppose a doubling or resolution might hamper things, in my mind a doubling of anything would chop the other in 1/2 and no way is a "small" overclock going to gain back that initial 50% loss.

that is the way my mind works, but this is also why we have at least some systems that can be tweaked to high heaven for clocks, volts and the like, reduce power one place can increase in the other (temps can be wyrd)

I've heard PS2 isn't gonna do 100fps easily because the engine is a steaming pile of garbage.

I've heard PS2 isn't gonna do 100fps easily because the engine is a steaming pile of garbage.

The better questions are:
  1. People still play Planetside?
  2. People play Planetside competitively?
  3. You expect to get 240 FPS in Planetside? Because lol...

not planetside competitively that was just an example. overwatch and pubg would be examples.

You need most CPU at lower res to get fps up. You will be CPU bound at 1080p/240hz. So either overclock your CPU or get 9600k/9800k.

Back