EVGA 1000 WATT 80+ GOLD $89.99 - Best Buy

Dang this is one crazy deal its top of the line was like $200 about 3 months ago or so! In for one!

I went ahead and bought the 1000W G2. Going to replace my 9 year old Thermaltake 1200 Tough Power. It started having vdrop causing system freezes. I am a big EVGA fan. So glad this deal came through!

anyone care to explain why according to linus tech tips psu tier list the g3 is under tier 2 and g2 is under tier 1. I thought the G3 is basically an upgraded version of G2. Doesn't make sense.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

according to tomshardware the 5v rail is weak and its loud. oh and its smaller. there are a few other issues? i didnt read it all(its fing long).
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-1000-g3-psu,4941-11.html

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=494
OklahomaWolf said its badass. if he says its top notch it is. can only assume the TH unit was an early product?

we can only assume the linus folks havent done a true review of the g3 and dont know where to rate it properly.

I sprung for the 1300W G2 for $130. The 1000w is an absolute killer deal. I have a 1300w G2 on my SR2 and it's been great. The TR is going to be it's spiritual successor so it seemed fitting.

Doubt I'll ever use 1000w but picked one up anyway. I wonder how cheap they will go for BF?

they have others as well, I picked up the 750Watt G1 Plus (fully modular, sleeved cables) for 61 bucks to my door including tax. you have to do some power calculator to get 5% off. It's a well rated FSP based PSU, couldn't pass it up as it will meet my needs for the foreseeable future.

I had the 850w g series. But I grabbed the g+ 1000w this from Best Buy for the hell of it. I plan on upgrading my old thermaltake 750w that’s 5 years old I my backup rig. Gonna replace the backup rig with my 850w and then throw the 1000w in my main rig when I get a chance. Just too good of a deal to pass up even if you wanna hold one as backup to be honest.

This looks like a good deal. Cept its like 100 with auto notify now.

My corsair tx850w is still kicking ass and chewing bubble gum like 7-8 years now. The bottom of my case looks like a bed of snakes though. Lol

Will probably look for this deal if it comes around again. The g3 model looks smaller form factor with a 130mm fdb and better pcie connectors over the g2 version.

This looks like a good deal. Cept its like 100 with auto notify now.

My corsair tx850w is still kicking ass and chewing bubble gum like 7-8 years now. The bottom of my case looks like a bed of snakes though. Lol

Will probably look for this deal if it comes around again. The g3 model looks smaller form factor with a 130mm fdb and better pcie connectors over the g2 version.

7/8 years.. yeah time to jump ship before it's too late. Caps weaken with age.. like a ticking time bomb before the blue screens and random shut offs.

Get while the gett'ns good! Heh

7/8 years.. yeah time to jump ship before it's too late. Caps weaken with age.. like a ticking time bomb before the blue screens and random shut offs.

Get while the gett'ns good! Heh
I have a 10 year old XFX running my server. Bought it with a gtx 580. I'll replace it one day.

I have a 10 year old XFX running my server. Bought it with a gtx 580. I'll replace it one day.

GL! Live and learn I guess.

I've heard of new psu's with already weakened caps just from being on the shelf for a long time before purchased. Manufacture told him as much when they rma'ed it.

GL! Live and learn I guess.

I've heard of new psu's with already weakened caps just from being on the shelf for a long time before purchased. Manufacture told him as much when they rma'ed it.
It may take something out some day who knows, I think the fear is over done by some people. And the reviews I have seen of solid psu's 10 years later show them stil putting out solid voltage without degradation. To each is own.

$70 shipped!! Thanks again for the tips guys!

A0203C46-7D6D-4A7E-8AE9-CF4B92304213.jpeg

Thank you Captain Obvious :D My taxes are the same. Or I could drive an hour to tax-free Delaware.

Time is money for me. So I am not going to drive one hour to save 8 bucks lol. Sometimes its just not worth it. if it was 50 bucks in taxes, that would be a different story.

Time is money for me. So I am not going to drive one hour to save 8 bucks lol. Sometimes its just not worth it. if it was 50 bucks in taxes, that would be a different story.
Gas money too. With you all the way there. Was just saying. Helped a friend a few years back get his ridiculously big 4k TV in Delaware. Save a couple hundred. Amazon had a fulfillment center in Maryland so were taxed here. Moot point now since we are taxed on all online purchases since SCTOUS passed that law earlier this year. Expect all other States to follow suit soon.

Back