EVGA 1000 WATT 80+ GOLD $89.99 - Best Buy

Sherloc09

Limp Gawd
UPDATE -- Best Buy has the G1 1000W 80+ GOLD PSUs for $89.99.

---
Historical low for what is ostensibly one of the best PSU's on the market. The low price was validated on CamelCamelCamel + PCPartPicker in 2-year range.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1330375-REG/evga_220_g3_1000_x1_supernova_1000_g3_1000w.html
upload_2018-10-23_18-4-54.png

Last edited:
perfect timing, thanks!

EDIT

Damn, jumped too early

Last edited:
Yup.. people grabbing new 2080/ti card should buy this up! Cant tell you how many times a week a simple old psu is the issue with many people complaining about graphics card issues.

Hot price on very nice PSU. Was just looking at these on NewEgg for $135.

Most of the EVGA g2 and g3 are on sale right now. Though not good deal as that 1000w.

Free AX1600i beats EVGA superNOVA 1000w

However, I like the price and the looks of the evga psu.

I checked the UK prices, what the fuck, scan are charging £167 wtf.

The pics on scan.co.uk, it shows a 24 pin connector on it’s own and with two pins jumped/connected, like you would do if testing a psu.

Does that come with the psu ? if so cool, but why not have a test button like my one :)

9F83E55A-BA36-4F1F-BC3B-FEFED31AE86B.png

AEE7E77B-44C6-481A-BA4A-D91CB0EA7FCA.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The pics on scan.co.uk, it shows a 24 pin connector on it’s own and with two pins jumped/connected, like you would do if testing a psu.
Does that come with the psu ?
Yes it comes with the unit.
if so cool, but why not have a test button like my one
Why? Because it is cheaper than the cost of a switch, the wiring and the labor to punch a hole and install it.
And it's safer, there is no way to accidentally bump the 24 pin connector turning on your ps when you didn't want to.

Yes it comes with the unit.

Why? Because it is cheaper than the cost of a switch, the wiring and the labor to punch a hole and install it.
And it's safer, there is no way to accidentally bump the 24 pin connector turning on your ps when you didn't want to.

Obviously it’s cheaper than a switch.

To bump the psu and make it turn on. I’m not 100% positive on this, but doesn’t the 24pin connector and all other cables need to be disconnected before the “test” button will physically work and test the psu ? The manual states the cables have to be detached first.

It’s not a switch like the power switch on the back of the psu. It’s not a constant test, your finger needs to be held on the button to test it, a glancing blow would probably not be enough to make it turn on. The last time I did it, it needs a couple of seconds before it starts to test.

To be honest, the button is reset and it’s highly unlikely it would be accidentally bumped. But I suppose it can happen, but as mentioned if it was just a bump for say half a second, it wouldn’t make it turn on as far as I can tell.

I still think psu makers throwing in one of those test 24pin connectors is a good idea.

but doesn’t the 24pin connector and all other cables need to be disconnected before the “test” button will physically work and test the psu ?
The manual states the cables have to be detached first.
No, the manual only says that for safety. You push it (the "test" switch) and it will send power to any connected components.

No, the manual only says that for safety. You push it (the "test" switch) and it will send power to any connected components.

I really don’t know, the times that I have pushed it have been when it wasn’t connected to anything. But I know a glancing blow wouldn’t be enough to turn in on though. The times I did do it, you have to push your finger right in and keep it there and wait, then a few seconds later it will turn on.

Not sure if you are connected with evga, but whoever thought about including that jumper, it was a good idea.

Not sure if you are connected with evga, but whoever thought about including that jumper, it was a good idea.
I am not connected in any way with evga, but I have used them in several of my customers systems.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks OP for the heads up on this deal.

There 1300watt psu is at $129 :/ dont need one as I have there 1000watt model but would like one hehe.

If you purchased from B&H you can do a return within 30 days if you haven't opened it yet, then buy the EVGA for $89.99, saving $10.

Differences between G2 & G3 besides a few extra cables on the G2 and double ball bearings vs hydraulic dynamic bearing? Which bearing type is better?

Differences between G2 & G3 besides a few extra cables on the G2 and double ball bearings vs hydraulic dynamic bearing? Which bearing type is better?

If size dont matter I'd go with the G2 just because the fan is bigger and that usually means quieter. 140mm over the g3's 130mm fan.

But if it's a tight fit in your case the smaller size of the G3 would make the most sense.

Personally, I would choose a hydraulic bearing over ball even if the fan size is slightly smaller.

Now that we are comparing models. I did not realize how much the G1+ has improved over the older G1. Up there with the G3 in build quality.

article:
EVGA G1 vs G1+

nice find wareyore! $89 is friggin insane for so much quality! i honestly wish i had a need for a high powered psu now haha! pretty sure the back up to my back up doesnt need a back up...or does it?
ive been running a g2 1300 for a year or two now. at the time it was cheaper by $70 than the g2 1000(you got me). tested the rails with my multi and found that they are solid as a rock underload and ive never heard the thing during any kind of usage. i have to hand test the fan to be sure its rotating.
i wonder if they are going to discontinue the g2/3 series? or maybe they are switching oems? doesnt make sense that they are selling these so cheap unless they are trying to clear them out.

Damn...I already have the same 1000W G3 in my system but for $89 it's hard to pass up. Will buy one and use it for another system

I can replace my 850watt psu with this one, browsing BB site saw g1+ 1000 watt psu, Got all excited, saying this is to good be true, Its 50% off!, Placed order at 4am lol, I feel its best deal around for psu, 1000 watt psu last you for while, I belive. I know this g1+ will.

Back