EVGA 1000 P2 PSU @ EVGA $169.99, usually $329

Not sure I will ever need one with that much juice, but the price is so good for such a good product it is hard not to buy one just in case I need it someday and we have another power supply shortage.

Just think of all the GPUs I could have bought before and didn't because, the price will drop sooooooon.

I have one of these in a PC now for a number of years. Has been flawless. Very quiet and cool running. Lots of connectors. I am building a new PC, how crazy is that now! Was going to pull the 1000P2 out of current PC and replace with EVGA 850 and move 1000P2 to new PC.

Saw this and kinda had to do it with what PSUs have gone up to.

Thanx OP for link. Wallet much easier to carry now...

Not sure I will ever need one with that much juice, but the price is so good for such a good product it is hard not to buy one just in case I need it someday and we have another power supply shortage.

Just think of all the GPUs I could have bought before and didn't because, the price will drop sooooooon.

Better to have and not need it I day, especially at a good price! This deal is better than anything that has on Black Friday or “cyber Monday”. Their newer models are also on discount :)

I have one of these in a PC now for a number of years. Has been flawless. Very quiet and cool running. Lots of connectors. I am building a new PC, how crazy is that now! Was going to pull the 1000P2 out of current PC and replace with EVGA 850 and move 1000P2 to new PC.

Saw this and kinda had to do it with what PSUs have gone up to.

Thanx OP for link. Wallet much easier to carry now...
Np!

Thanks OP! 👍

I already have an EVGA 850P2, but this was too good to pass up at this price. I'll switch over and keep my 850W P2 as an emergency backup. :smug:

Reactions: Whach
like this
Back when they used superflower. Always a good buy.
I think these are by Seasonic now. From what I’ve gleaned. But you never know. Either way it’s a full bridge LLC unit so I’m happy =)

In! By far the best pricing on a platinum 1000w I've seen since I started looking earlier this week. Discounts stack with affiliate links & rewards coupons too.

I think they may use leadex/superflower still and I know they also use FSP as well.
The “5” generations were apparently by FSP. The new “6” are by Seasonic. I’m just hoping that also applies to the P2 if there aren’t by SF anymore.

Yay or nay @[Spectre] ?
I asked in the EVGA forums. An Evga tech responded cryptically with “ Same OEM for all of them”……whatever that means without specifics. So I can only guess that means SS if the G6 it’s made by SS.

Last edited:
From the PSU gawd himself.

That is a solid SuperFlower design. It is the same platform as the one we reviewed in 1300W form that was the only EVGA unit to ever win an award. Solid product.

Make sure you guys are using an associate's code for an extra 10% off (even if it's not mine!)
I was about to use yours but recently signed up for an associate's account also. I guess you can't use the associate's code when you are an associate haha.

Ordered this on a whim sitting up in bed at 2 a.m. this morning. Well, I did spend a few minutes searching reviews before I completed the order and this seems to be one of the top performers among the various top brands.

I'm building a new system in the next month or two and a good stable system starts with proper clean power. Looks like they're throwing in a free (not needed) Powerlink and the description mentions this: "Includes FREE Power On Self Tester"

Any idea what that is? Is it built into the psu, or a module plugged in between the mobo socket and cable? And is it needed.

Ordered this on a whim sitting up in bed at 2 a.m. this morning. Well, I did spend a few minutes searching reviews before I completed the order and this seems to be one of the top performers among the various top brands.

I'm building a new system in the next month or two and a good stable system starts with proper clean power. Looks like they're throwing in a free (not needed) Powerlink and the description mentions this: "Includes FREE Power On Self Tester"

Any idea what that is? Is it built into the psu, or a module plugged in between the mobo socket and cable? And is it needed.

It's a 25 pin connector that has a jumper between two pins to allow the power supply to power up. Nutt'n Fancy but useful at times.

From the PSU gawd himself.

That is a solid SuperFlower design. It is the same platform as the one we reviewed in 1300W form that was the only EVGA unit to ever win an award. Solid product.
Well that settles that then =)

In for one! applied associates code!

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 1000W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply 220-P2-1000-XR
Item #: 220-P2-1000-XR​
$169.99​
-$17.00​
1​
$152.99​
600-PL-2816-LR_MD_1.jpg
EVGA PowerLink, Support ALL NVIDIA Founders Edition & ALL EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/2080/2070*/2060*/SUPER*/GTX 1660 Ti*/1660*/1650/1080 Ti/1080/1070 Ti/1070/1060
Item #: 600-PL-2816-LR Bundle​
0​
1​
0​

Subtotal:​
$152.99​
Tax (9.38%):​
$14.34​
Shipping via UPS Ground:​
0​
Order Total:​
$167.33​