EVGA 1000 g+ Coil Whine Advice

Schtask

Limp Gawd
[H[. I have a Corsair AX 1200 and a new EVGA 1000 g+. When I received my 2080ti, the Corsair would quite simply just shut down with it installed. I swapped over to an EVGA 1000 g+ and the issue stopped. However, the new EVGA power supply suffers from serious coil whine. Coil whine I can hear in the next room while the computer is idling. It's even louder if the 2080ti is under load.

I have also noticed that when the coil whine stutters (drops out) the games I am running also stutter (FPS wise). Any recommendations on a new powersupply that can support an overclocked 9900k, 2080ti, D5 pump, periphs etc.?

Interesting enough, the Corsair AX 1200 is in another PC driving an overclocked 5820k / Titan Xp doing work station stuff without issue.

The coil whine is essentially random among normal production power supplies and videocard combos. Some people will try to engineer whine free power supplies but I have had a few come through that make such claims that still do.

The coil whine is essentially random among normal production power supplies and videocard combos. Some people will try to engineer whine free power supplies but I have had a few come through that make such claims that still do.

Paul, this is crazy loud whine though. It's so irritating. Much louder than whiney PSUs I've had in the past. Plus...when the whine drops out, my FPS drops out with it. Like power delivery dips out or something. IDK. PSUs aren't my bag. Any recommendations?

Paul, this is crazy loud whine though. It's so irritating. Much louder than whiney PSUs I've had in the past. Plus...when the whine drops out, my FPS drops out with it. Like power delivery dips out or something. IDK. PSUs aren't my bag. Any recommendations?

RMA. Most companies will swap it for you and then you can see how the replacement does.

Back