EVGA: 1.1 year overtake

Kendrak

[H]ard|DCer of the Year 2009
We have regained just a bit of didstance from EVGA's team. I think it is a combo of us adding ppd and them stalling just a bit.

We cannot let this be. 1.1 years is still very close and they are still gaining ground.

More "D"

My 4 GPU folding rig should go up next week sometime. That will be an additional 20K+ ppd. I might need a little help setting it up, but I'll leave that for another thread.

Fold On!!

Ya, there workhorse, fahman slowed it down a bit. This guy was cranking like 350k to 500k ppd, total stud! The guys over there think he was using the new Fermi cards for testing or something. He is down to a modest 70k-90k ppd.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=477950

Speculation is that the new cards will do 40k per card a day. That would be awesome if they did. The projects would get done a whole lot faster and make us that much closer to a cure.

Plus that would be over 800,000ppd for me a day, if I upgraded all my slots! :eek:
That would be insane!!

Good news, but no time to rest.

"Ask not what Proteins can do for you, but what you can do for Proteins !"

;)

Rig 1 comes online tonight

Moar D!!!
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Rig one is dual 295's and a q66. No CPU clients because I need the system at 100% because that's my main use computer
Gpu's will be good for over 30k, but I'm having an issue on 2 cores. Still, just the two that work put out 16k almost
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Working on getting a GTX260 216SP OC into the ring with two quad-core Opterons all in one box! :cool:

Getting 2 rigs up hopefully today for another 8K HOPEFULLY!

MOAR D!

Yes, I agree that 1.1 years is not a comfortably margin. How much further are we than before? A couple of months at best? It's really not much more. We need to do better than this because what I'm seeing is more a drop off in their production, not a ramp in ours that has been largely behind the increased overtake time. And part of that is due to this: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=477950

I'm doing my part...I just assembled a third BadAxe2 MB last night and set it up with three GTX260's (two of which are new arrivals yesterday as well). Once I'm satisfied that there aren't any kinks in it I'll be going full-on production with it. We need to keep increasing this margin between us and EVGA as much as possible, and more importantly - keep adding to this margin so this brief decrease in their production doesn't become the calm before the storm.

Fold [H]ard for the [H]orde!!!

I'll also say we need to add more members.

We have had a number of new additions, I hope they keep coming!

I'll also say we need to add more members.

We have had a number of new additions, I hope they keep coming!

This.

Before we got Steve posting on the main page again to recruit more [H]orde members, I checked our Active members. On October 5th, we had 966 active members, right now we have 1024 active members. Definitely a considerable increase.

Also, I noticed that Steve, the person that's advertising for us on the main page, isn't even folding anymore, lol. I tried finding Kyle on there too and didn't find him. I hope he's just using another alias or something. Now I hope he (the person who spearheaded [H] and the [H]orde) would be folding for us, hah.

This.

Before we got Steve posting on the main page again to recruit more [H]orde members, I checked our Active members. On October 5th, we had 966 active members, right now we have 1024 active members. Definitely a considerable increase.
Yes, I completely agree. It's something we needed for quite some time. New blood always makes an impact and revives the forum. There's an all-round improvement in team activity. :cool:

gotto love neeeeewwwwww bloood..... mmmmm

Still at 1.1 years.....

we gonna let them stay there? I say hell no!

Just got rig number 2 of 4 up, running full blast at 21k right now, rig one is at 50% or 15k until I get more dummies made up (HDMI dummies)

Come on guys, weve really done great these last few weeks, dont let up now, lets push em back to 2 years, show em we dont need a huge corporation, weve got the horde!!!

I've brought 20k ppd back online over the last week I have about another 40k ppd sitting in my room that will turn back on when I can afford the power and then a dual quad xeon box that I have coming up soon :) hopefully that should help a bit to fend off evga! :D

I've brought 20k ppd back online over the last week I have about another 40k ppd sitting in my room that will turn back on when I can afford the power and then a dual quad xeon box that I have coming up soon :) hopefully that should help a bit to fend off evga! :D
That would help indeed. Bring it online! :cool:

I got one X2 rig sitting gathering dust with two empty x16 PCIe slots because I nuked the spare 8800 GTS & I have nothing else to put in there. I guess I could have it running notfred 24/7 for about 1k PPD extra. Wish I could get some more GPUs. Two more GTX275s and I'd be up to around 25k PPD total :p

Congrats on the good work everyone! Steady as she goes, and don't release the throttle! :cool:

EH, got back from the range, SWIMBO cut the units off :( Now im stuck at work for 16 hours and they just sit there...
Anyways, I hope to have some stuff back up soon, HDMI plugs should come in soon for some more PPD

Not sure if Ill hit my 100k mark, things are getting to rough between her and I...

wow we are gaining ground against the evga team. keep up the work guys.

Nice. As soon as i get the 6 pin plugs i ordered I'll have another GTX275 online :D.

Don't we need the equivalent of about 250-300 GX275s to get on equal ground with EVGA?

I guess we'll better start saving :D

BTW, the [H] folding site just went on the fritz again, saying we have 0 active members :rolleyes:

its nto about being equal, its about gaining time. Its only so long until people get their million points and move on. Granted, weve already had this discusion, its not all for the bucks, but you cant argue it was greatly boosted by them

EVGA had someone folding between 250k and 400k a day. Thats why the overtake fell below 1 year. He is only folding around 60k (LOL, I said only). Since then the overtake went back up to 1.2 years. EVGA is still gaining over 2 million PPD on [H].
You all can run but you can hide ;-)

Just some friendly trash talk...You guys are still Rock! Any team that can be around that long and stay #1 is awesome.

EVGA had someone folding between 250k and 400k a day. Thats why the overtake fell below 1 year. He is only folding around 60k (LOL, I said only). Since then the overtake went back up to 1.2 years. EVGA is still gaining over 2 million PPD on [H].
You all can run but you can hide ;-)

Just some friendly trash talk...You guys are still Rock! Any team that can be around that long and stay #1 is awesome.

I was wondering what happened to the push that EVGA had going there...:) IMHO I still think that 1.2 years is a bit uncomfortable, so we'll have to continue to do more to lessen the EVGA daily gain and increase that points gap even more.

I was wondering what happened to the push that EVGA had going there...:) IMHO I still think that 1.2 years is a bit uncomfortable, so we'll have to continue to do more to lessen the EVGA daily gain and increase that points gap even more.

Absolutely!

The real thing that I'm wondering is how much steam does the EVGA push have in it?

If, and I do say if, it is a short term push because of the discount they offer, if we can outlast that. We should be able to maintain out position.

This will require a ramp by the team to make sure we don't get mowed in the mean time.

I've read several forums talling about the EVGA bucks offered for 1 million points. Some agree some don't BUT this is a yearly thing, all the points get reset in either Feb, March. This means you can earn 100 EVGA bucks each year.
Now as far as the team goes, take a look at our top 20 producers. You need at least 46k to get there and I've seen it as high as 53k to be #20.
Most of the "hardcore" folders are running the bigadv cpu clients. We'll see if Stanford keeps those coming.

Anyway, you guys have a great team, I'll stop in to trash talk you one in a while. FOLD ON brothers!

Back