Everything You Need to Know about the iPhone XS in 1 Minute

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
If you missed the whole two hour event earlier this week, the fine folks over at Apple have summarized everything they want you to know about the iPhone XS in order to get you to buy one. You have to appreciate that.

Check out the video.

Welcome to the big screens. iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Super Retina in two sizes — including the largest display ever on an iPhone. Advanced Face ID. The smartest, most powerful chip in a smartphone. A breakthrough dual-camera system. Faster Wireless Charging. Gigabit-class LTE. And a new level of water resistance.

It's Apple, once innovators, now just a shell of itself. I really like my AW3 and was looking forward to the 4 with longer battery life and proper sleep tracking. Guess what, bigger display, same measly 18 hours. Oh yeah, it cost more, just like the new iPhone.

"Courage"

Should I feel dirty for just ordering 2 x Iphone Max's ... Verizon has buy one get one 700 off , then I traded in my 2 old phones for another 320 off so pretty much got one free. This will be my first personal Iphone. Have a pixel XL the first one. Trying to make it simpler at home. Wife has an iphone already , son had a ipad, I have a ipad. So I'm the odd man out with my android. Wife has had her Iphone 6s Plus since they first came out. She wants a new phone and i'm getting one free so why not lol

I'd still rather have one of those vs. most Androids. If Google ever gives up on the Pixel line-up I'll probably be forced to go back rather than go with a Samsung or similarly clunky device.

is it feasible to own an iphone but no other apple products? I'd be tempted to try out one of the older, discounted models (i.e. the 8) but I'm sure as hell not buying a macbook or ipad.

is it feasible to own an iphone but no other apple products? I'd be tempted to try out one of the older, discounted models (i.e. the 8) but I'm sure as hell not buying a macbook or ipad.

Honestly the best part about iPhone is how well it integrates with other IOS products, which is why I use it with my MBP for work.

If that doesn't interest you, I'd stick with Android. I hate most Android phones but the Pixels are by far the best since they are truly stock.

I picked up a used 64 GB Iphone SE for $165 on Amazon two weeks ago. Its got all the modern radios and such for interfacing seamlessly with devices like GoPro, and will run any software the newest phones will (save for hardware supported stuff like animojis). And i LOVE how tiny it is. I dont own any other apple gear.

I still use a free cheapo LG smartphone.

but you guys should buy buy buy the iphone.

I don’t own any other Apple gear and it integrates just fine for most things. On the other hand my wife has the watch and the iPad and it’s pretty cool how they seemlessly integrate with each other.

Same old phone, same boring UI, nothing new except a slight boost in CPU speed and the camera although those are already hitting a peak. I'm looking forward to the Samsung foldable phone since that at least brings some new innovation to the market.

Yeah, no way would I be buying one of these. My $29 (on sale) first gen Moto E is perfectly fine for my use case. I don't text or peruse the web on my phone so the cheapest phone I can get that will let me make phone calls and will run a decent scientific/programmers calculator is all I need. To give you an example of how many phone calls I make, my total bill for 2017 was $70 (Page Plus Cellular pay-as-you-go plan). So yes, I am an old antisocial curmudgeon! :grumpy:

I got an even shorter video that explains the new Iphone.

gGo5Rz6.gif

Still happy with my iPhone 7 256GB. Will upgrade when it starts to feel slow and sluggish.

the new iPhone Xs Max also makes a great butt plug thanks to the improved water and dust resistance. Just be sure to set it to vibrate!

Just because that's your top buying criteria, don't assume it ranks so highly for others. It's at least 5th for me.

my iphone 4s works fine still. a little slow on web browsing but im on a laptop or deskop for that usually

I've had my X some February.. also have an s9 plus. Personally didn't feel like the was anything new with the Xs or the note 9. My girlfriend will probably get the Xr next month when it comes out though. Only for the sake of animoji though.

The only reason I buy an iPhone is the awesome hardware in a smaller screen size. Thanks Apple for making me shifting me to Android.

Well I was in the Market for a new phone so I waited for the new Iphones to come out....seen the price so now I have a brand new Note 9 with 128 gigs for $100 less than a max with 64 gigs. Just a heads up Xfinity Mobil (which is on the Verizon network), has a deal until the end of the month for $300 Visa Debit card when you bring a new number and account, off any Iphone or Samsung phone, so I got the Note 9 for $700 no contract, you just have to stay for 3 months. OH I forgot you have to be a Xfinity internet customer which I already was.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't want an all glass phone (iPhone or Android), that's just silly to me. Wireless charging isn't worth the trade off IMO. Is there something else I'm missing on why we have all glass now?

It's Apple, once innovators, now just a shell of itself. I really like my AW3 and was looking forward to the 4 with longer battery life and proper sleep tracking. Guess what, bigger display, same measly 18 hours. Oh yeah, it cost more, just like the new iPhone.

"Courage"

The AW only had 18h of battery life? Why are people buying them? There are so many smart watch options out there that last much longer.

I guess I need to know what other devices you want to use. Wife has only had iPhones and no other Apple products. Other than my old printer that didn't support air port, everything else has worked fine. Ties into the car fine, headsets fine, etc. So without knowing exactly what you are trying to do, I couldn't give a 100% answer, but I haven't encounter anything I can do on my android that she can't also do on her iPhone

Yes....but..it does loose a lot of the integration benefits that comes with using the ecosystem. I have a Mac Mini holding all my music. Apple TV's through out the house. Many iPads. I did eventually get a Macbook Air because it is a good laptop at the $800 mark. And these things all mingle with each really well. The mac-min allows me to airprint to any printer I want regardless if the printer itself supports air print. Using air drop to transfer a movie or picture from an iphone to an ipad and also to my Macbook Air is great.

Apple asks for money up front. Google subverts you as a customer to get money. Both companies are worth about the same. Choose which ever model you like best.

Back