Everybody's Golf PS4 (Formerly Hot Shots Golf)

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
Everybody's Golf for PS4 is out now. I was a big fan PS3 version so I pre-ordered this before the reviews dropped. Unfortunately I forgot to pre-load it so I am still waiting for the download to finish, but it unlocked at 12 AM EDT. Did anyone else get it?

Some new additions to the series are custom characters, equipment upgrades, golf carts you can drive around the map with and... fishing for some reason.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/28/everybodys-golf-tees-off-tomorrow-on-ps4/

Please explain microtransaction hell? Other than warp tokens in turf war it doesn't sound much different than other golf games with regards to unlocking items. Most online sports games have pay to win shortcuts but in the long run it probably won't matter too much.

The grind to unlock courses might be an issue, although that was there in the PS3 version as well.

I'll play it more tonight but so far it feels like classic Hot Shots Golf.

Please explain microtransaction hell? Other than warp tokens in turf war it doesn't sound much different than other golf games with regards to unlocking items. Most online sports games have pay to win shortcuts but in the long run it probably won't matter too much.

The grind to unlock courses might be an issue, although that was there in the PS3 version as well.

I'll play it more tonight but so far it feels like classic Hot Shots Golf.

If it was free to play.... sure.

But it's 40 dollars, already kind of steep, THEN more micro transactions.

I just picked it up the other day after playing most of them since the original PS1 versions. I like it. I don't play online. I don't like buying courses, but the $40 leaves money on the table to pick them up and stay around the going rate of $60 for AAA titles.

Back