Everybody Look Surprised; Diablo III Has Been Delayed Again

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
What’s several more months after waiting 12 years, right? :D It’s no big surprise to anyone that follows the games industry that Diablo 3 isn’t quite ready for prime time and that a first quarter release was a dream, considering the work remaining may even take it into a 2013 release. Look on the bright side; maybe your grandkids will really get a kick out of its future release. :D

Don't care any-more. I used to be so anxious and impatient about this game. Right now, with so many delays, it does not bother me. I am no longer anxious and/or impatient. I will however still get the game, when it finally comes out. But I don't care when it comes out any more. Delay it for another year. Who gives a fuck.

Don't care any-more. I used to be so anxious and impatient about this game. Right now, with so many delays, it does not bother me. I am no longer anxious and/or impatient. I will however still get the game, when it finally comes out. But I don't care when it comes out any more. Delay it for another year. Who gives a fuck.

This, I have the Beta and there is alot more work for them to do.

I will also NOT support world of warcraft. The subscription of wow, will obviously go down ALLOT; once d3 gets released. This has to be one of the reasons for the delay of d3. It has to be. If it is a major or minor reason, who knows. It definitely is one of them. It makes sense.

I cannot say that I am certain 100% though. We basically don't know if it is a reason of not. If you don't know, don't support wow (that's the way I look at it).

I haven't been in the beta and I am all for taking as long as it needs, always been blizz's moto. Anyway I would say that he is basing it being delayed on the fact all these changes are incoming but blizzard has said all these changes are already done and in, just waiting to go to patch and not something they're still working on. What they're stillw orking on, according to them is tweaks and balances still.

I will also NOT support world of warcraft. The subscription of wow, will obviously go down ALLOT; once d3 gets released. This has to be one of the reasons for the delay of d3. It has to be. If it is a major or minor reason, who knows. It definitely is one of them. It makes sense.

I cannot say that I am certain 100% though. We basically don't know if it is a reason of not. If you don't know, don't support wow (that's the way I look at it).

It will go down alot initially, but I think shortly after it will go back up due to lack of expectations. Some WoW kids are expecting Diablo 3 to be WoW 2 or something. I remember reading a post on the Diablo 3 beta forums by some guy who never played Diablo/Diablo 2 and he asked if there was going to be training dummies to test his DPS or something like that.

It will go down alot initially, but I think shortly after it will go back up due to lack of expectations. Some WoW kids are expecting Diablo 3 to be WoW 2 or something. I remember reading a post on the Diablo 3 beta forums by some guy who never played Diablo/Diablo 2 and he asked if there was going to be training dummies to test his DPS or something like that.

2reth52.gif

doesn't matter, Torchlight 2 is going to be infinitely better anyways.....

doesn't matter, Torchlight 2 is going to be infinitely better anyways.....

I highly doubt that. The first one was pretty disappointing. I will still buy it though, same goes for Grim Dawn, already pre-ordered that one. I like the immersion of D3, so out of the 3 it will probably get most of my time.

I'm in the beta and some of these changes are because everyone was just crafting better gear rather than doing runs or buying the few really rare pieces of gear off the AH. I'm betting they want more time spent in town so that people use the RM AH more, and craft less. Or what ever it takes to get people spend more time grinding and less time playing.

More seriously though.

I played Diablo II back in the day. I got kind of hooked on it, but now that I look back on it, it really was a huge waste of time, and it wore out too many mice.

I don't really care if III ever comes out. I'll probably never play it.

So for those of us who got suckered into, er, paid for the WoW Annual Pass to get this, I'm guessing this doesn't change anything if D3 makes Q2...maybe even Q3. But what if it slips the year entirely?

So for those of us who got suckered into, er, paid for the WoW Annual Pass to get this, I'm guessing this doesn't change anything if D3 makes Q2...maybe even Q3. But what if it slips the year entirely?

I heard the release date is Feb 1,2023.

I was excited before I gained access to the Beta, no I don't give a fuck. To be honest, Diablo II has made me not want to play A-RPGs in general, let alone Diablo III.

My refusal to not purchase the game isn't going to matter, though; Droves of people are still going to buy this polished turd.

Zarathustra[H];1038291865 said:
More seriously though.

I played Diablo II back in the day. I got kind of hooked on it, but now that I look back on it, it really was a huge waste of time, and it wore out too many mice.

I don't really care if III ever comes out. I'll probably never play it.

That literally can be said fore every single game ever made....but most of us are here to waiste our time on games.

Blizzard has no problem saying they are going to miss their expected release time. They haven't said its delayed yet so I wouldn't be so hasteful to jump the gun.

If Blizzard does take another few years to get it out, just throw in a bunch of toilet humor into the game. Sarah Kerrigan, "I don't have roaches. I had crabs <giggle>." That way, we won't care that the graphics look five years out-of-date. :/

That is exactly when I might consider getting it.

I suspect you guys will be waiting a very long time for that to happen. Blizzard games tend to retain their value for an extraordinary amount of time. Warcraft and Diablo Battlechests still retail for $20 in some places :eek:

lol, I remember being thrilled that I got into the Diablo 2 beta as a kid.

Diablo 3 is going to be a pay-to-play mmo? That sucks.

Meh, i'll be playing Grim Dawn LAN games by the time this pile of garbage shoots out of blizzards steaming rotten gash.

Because I am a blizzard fanboy and a sucker I preordered the CE to go alongside my complete set of blizzard CEs

eh, honestly, I just hope they do it well and get it right. Delay it as much as they want so that instead of a polished turd they might actually release a worthwhile game

I was a stern Blizzard supporter for about 15 years. My battle.net account has a serial number for every game you can add (Diablo 1 doesn't let you add one). But after seeing the direction they were going with World of Warcraft and after playing Starcraft 2, I gave up on them.

I appreciate everything they did in the past, but I think its time for me and Blizz to go our seperate ways. They aren't the same now. And I don't blame them directly, I think it has more to do with their spouse running their life.

Err... why?

Cause it will limit cheating & make the game last longer. Also make it so that there are only 2 ways to get high level items: Pay using the real money auction house, and/or farm.

How will it make the game last longer you ask? There is no single player mode. So you cannot run trainers/cheats to get the highest level stuff (just to see how the end game gear/content is). You actually have to work for the end game content/gear (hence, the game will last longer).

eh, honestly, I just hope they do it well and get it right. Delay it as much as they want so that instead of a polished turd they might actually release a worthwhile game

Would be great if that's the case, but my gut feeling is telling me that they are actually working on the recently announce console port and they don't want to have PC users getting the game earlier than the console players.

I might even wager a guess that Microsoft/Sony would not have been happy about it if Blizzard releases the PC version first and the console version months later.

Oh it is probably the major reason for the long development cycle and all the delays. I have never paid them any money for WoW products or subscription and I never will.

I hate you Blizzard. SC2 is a turd. delayed D3 again.

Here's hoping for some great sales for:

1. Torchlight 2
2. Grim Dawn (Titan Quest Devs)
3. Path of Exile (free to play)

I suspect you guys will be waiting a very long time for that to happen. Blizzard games tend to retain their value for an extraordinary amount of time. Warcraft and Diablo Battlechests still retail for $20 in some places :eek:

Blizzard games do not hold value for long periods of time. Blizzard does keep the prices on it's games high for long periods of time. D3 is going to look like crap and be dumbed down to that point where a 5 year old could master it in a day, in summary, Blizzard can suck a donkey dick.

All of us "old timers" realize this isn't Blizzard anymore. Its activision. Alot of the original Diablo/WoW team or key players are gone. Original Blizzard made games challenging. Some people left and WoW got easier/watered down to where its not really a challenge in anything any more. Christ I was excited as hell to get to level 40 to get my first mount and it took alot of work to get there. Now, its 20????? Diablo 3 will be watered down to make the masses happy, not the original way they use to make games, challenging.

I am sorry my old school friends. "Our Blizzard" is no more. ActiFlurry it is.

All of us "old timers" realize this isn't Blizzard anymore. Its activision. Alot of the original Diablo/WoW team or key players are gone. Original Blizzard made games challenging. Some people left and WoW got easier/watered down to where its not really a challenge in anything any more. Christ I was excited as hell to get to level 40 to get my first mount and it took alot of work to get there. Now, its 20????? Diablo 3 will be watered down to make the masses happy, not the original way they use to make games, challenging.

I am sorry my old school friends. "Our Blizzard" is no more. ActiFlurry it is.

Blizzard was going down this route long before Vivendi picked up Activision.

Who cares, especially Blizzard said you need an online connection to play singleplayer, and I don't support any games that uses that kind of DRM, it does nothing but alienate legit customers. Do not want.

Not really missing anything in Diablo 3. I'm in the beta for it, having never played any of the diablo's and as far as I see, people complaining about it being like an MMO in a way.

Game feels pretty empty besides a hack and slash which it really is.

I think your right. I believe the 'Yearly Pass' with a free copy of Diablo 3 was designed as way to lock players into paying for Wow since "A. Diablo 3 could be out" which would cause people to leave Wow and "B. Even more people would leave Wow as the next expansion is not due for almost a year+++ and last patch of current expansion already out".

If you can convince people to pay for a content-subscription based game with absolutely no new content coming for a year, while, your company has other enticing producst out there, all the better. I suspect that the annual-sucker-pass didn't go off as well as Blizzard had hoped and the adoption rate was not as high as they were after. I imagine they'll try to release Diablo 3 and MoP at the exact same time to try to convince consumers to pay for both. Not that I blame them since their goal is to make profit after all.

That screenshot shown in the hardocp.com article though looks ... kind of terrible. Like low-res, low-polygon count, cheesy model with menus taking up 66% of the screen?? Is that taken at a low resolution thus the menus are proportionally larger?

Back