Every once in a while my audio goes berserk

SocceRich20

2[H]4U
I don't know how to describe this exactly, but every once in a while when I play any audio-related media, my sound just goes berserk. It sounds like a robot is about to self destruct. It can happen when I click a new song in iTunes, when I play a video on youtube, play an .avi movie, etc. The audio doesn't play, and instead I just get my speakers going apeshit blasting some kind of static-like robot death mode noise. This has only recently started when I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 RC. I've tried reinstalling my audio drivers, and it still does it. It only does it once every few days or so. As soon as I close the media that I originally tried to play, the noise stops. I can then immediately re-launch the media, and it plays fine.

System specs are:
-i7 920
-eVGA x58 board
-6GB OCZ ram
GTX 280
-Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
-2x RaptorX Raid 0 (OS Drive)
-4x Seagate 1.5TB Raid 0 (Media drive)

Any ideas?

Have this same problem with my prelude too. None of the driver updates will even fix it.

I notice that every once in a while with beta 1.0 drivers on Vista x64 and my Auzen Forte...only in Winamp and Media Player...closing the source and re-opening fixes it, but I do know the noise. I haven't researched it much yet, but it is an annoyance from time to time. I have noticed that it seems the few times it's happened have been when I am done gaming, turn off CMMS-3D and resume playing Winamp or whatever I left open at the time. Switching Audio modes also fixes this (though in vista, again the source must be closed and re-opened, I noticed Xp and 7 can switch on the fly while audio is playing at least with my old creative x-fi xtreme music...have yet to try 7RC and Forte together...no interest atm).

I would say it's a driver bug of sorts, but not much has seemed to come of getting it properly fixed as of yet. Have you reported a ticket to Auzen support to see what they say? I think I just might to see what their suggestions are. Though it doesn't happen to me very often...maybe once or twice a week.

Same problem with my Auzentech Forte on Vista x64. Usually happens with iTunes. Furthermore, sometimes I'll try to play a song, and it just won't play... it'll skip to the next, and to the next as if they're not there.

If I close iTunes, and start it up again, problems go away.

I tried Win7 RC 32bit and my Auzentech Prelude was fine.
Op are you using Win7 64 version?

All complaints so far have been on win64, maybe it is a 64bit only issue?

All complaints so far have been on win64, maybe it is a 64bit only issue?

Vista 64bit here.

Not a problem after months of usage with W7 64 but the drivers i'm using aren't official, they are modded drivers from the old beta builds.

I don't have a prelude but a PCI-E XFI fatality. And when you said done gaming that's when it happens to me. I found out that the static is far more likely to happen after exiting a game. You could be playing World of Warcraft for 6 hours then exit the game and you'll get static. The more times you start and exit a game the higher the chance you'll get static. I use 64bit.

I don't have a prelude but a PCI-E XFI fatality. And when you said done gaming that's when it happens to me. I found out that the static is far more likely to happen after exiting a game. You could be playing World of Warcraft for 6 hours then exit the game and you'll get static. The more times you start and exit a game the higher the chance you'll get static. I use 64bit.

If you are playing World of Warcraft for six hours, I think the static you're hearing is your system letting you know you need to get a life :p

are u only updating to the latest official driver? or tring some of the non-official drivers that can be found in creative's forum... tthink the guys name is daniel... i switched to his drivers and haven't had the problem.

i used to have the problem win 7 rc x64 x-fi gamer... not anymore since i switched drivers... most of the stuff around the net describing same problem said the same thing thats how i found them.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

This is still happening, and I'm about to go burn down Auzentech's headquarters. Has anyone fixed this yet?

Back