Every desirable video card model is now OOS tonight. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crap is just depressing. I just want one RTX 3060 TI FE and I would be happy.... All these greedy scalpers and miners.
Set up discord and stuff and snag whatever pops. Then trade for an FE if it's not an FE. Did that with one 6800XT (wanted air cooled, got Strix LC), may do that with a second after I loan it to the FPS Review guys.

I've just decided to wait 6 months and see where we are. My Win 10 (i9-9900k)and Arch Linux ( R5 3600) systems have 2080ti Hybrid and 2080 Super Hybrid respectfully, our bedroom pc (i7-8700k) has a 2060 Super 8Gb. Have a MSI X570 board (Mag Tomahawk wifi) I got for $200 a few months ago, was going to get a 5900x and a new vid card, build a dual boot system with it (have Intel NIC issues with the win 10 system's Z390 board when I dual booted with Arch after a summer kernel update so have the separate Arch box) but all the price increases, lack of supply have led me to say just wait. Cancelled a pre-order I had for a 5900x, the 2808ti and 2080 handle what I need and let's see what happens in 6 months. Could be better, could be worse, getting to where I don't really care anymore.

sam

Put those on ebay now. They are both selling for crazy amounts. Never know when the mining ends and cards will flood eBay. Happed in 2018 after good mining only lasted Nov 2017 to Feb 2018.
So what happened in Feb. 2018 to stop the "good mining?" Any chance of a repeat this time around?

Like everyone else, I am totally pissed off and frankly discouraged. I don't live near a Microcenter, and I don't have the time to set up all these watch sites. BB, Amazon, Newegg, they are all rapacious these days.

I've just decided to wait 6 months and see where we are. My Win 10 (i9-9900k)and Arch Linux ( R5 3600) systems have 2080ti Hybrid and 2080 Super Hybrid respectfully, our bedroom pc (i7-8700k) has a 2060 Super 8Gb. Have a MSI X570 board (Mag Tomahawk wifi) I got for $200 a few months ago, was going to get a 5900x and a new vid card, build a dual boot system with it (have Intel NIC issues with the win 10 system's Z390 board when I dual booted with Arch after a summer kernel update so have the separate Arch box) but all the price increases, lack of supply have led me to say just wait. Cancelled a pre-order I had for a 5900x, the 2808ti and 2080 handle what I need and let's see what happens in 6 months. Could be better, could be worse, getting to where I don't really care anymore.

sam
I was in the same boat then landed a 3070 for what I considered a fair price. But then I'm shaking my head now because my 1440 monitor showed up yesterday. Not able to wait until next week for my 3070 to arrive, I hooked it up to my 1060. I got 70-130 fps last night in World of Warcraft with graphics maxed. Now I'm all like, well what the hell was I rushing for a 3000series and why the hell did I wait to bump to 1440? haha

I was in the same boat then landed a 3070 for what I considered a fair price. But then I'm shaking my head now because my 1440 monitor showed up yesterday. Not able to wait until next week for my 3070 to arrive, I hooked it up to my 1060. I got 70-130 fps last night in World of Warcraft with graphics maxed. Now I'm all like, well what the hell was I rushing for a 3000series and why the hell did I wait to bump to 1440? haha

Do what the rest of us fiscally responsible people would do - buy a 4K screen to justify your 3070 purchase :D

honestly i am not jumping on the amd hype chain or the rape my bank account gpu pricing hype chain. i will wait for the market to calm, because once everyone is upgraded prices wont stay high forever. back to my i5 750. be gentle with what you got folks, glhf. ;)

Yeah honestly I think I am just overly nervous because I had a GTX 970 in the house die back in October and was able to just go to Micro Center and pick up a 1660 to replace it with (1080p computer, nothing too graphically taxing on it).

My main system still running my GTX 980 that's basically same age as that card so I've got this little nag in the back of my mind saying if it dies what am I going to do? Can't just go to MC anymore to just get a holdover card even. Plus I bought a 1440p monitor last year expecting to be building a new PC around this time so I am just antsy I guess.

The wait will continue and I will only pay what is fair. I've been entering the NewEgg shuffles not really holding my breath, but if something happens there, cool. If not, oh well.

Yeah honestly I think I am just overly nervous because I had a GTX 970 in the house die back in October and was able to just go to Micro Center and pick up a 1660 to replace it with (1080p computer, nothing too graphically taxing on it).

My main system still running my GTX 980 that's basically same age as that card so I've got this little nag in the back of my mind saying if it dies what am I going to do? Can't just go to MC anymore to just get a holdover card even.
Ping on here. I've got a spare 970 I've offered up to 3 different people now :p

I am shocked at the price of current GPUs. I just saw a listing on Newegg for a 6900 XT at $1520... what in the world is that crap?!?!?!

Honestly, it makes me want to sell my RTX 2070 Super as I can probably sell it right now for the same price that I paid for it brand new over a year ago.

I am shocked at the price of current GPUs. I just saw a listing on Newegg for a 6900 XT at $1520... what in the world is that crap?!?!?!

Honestly, it makes me want to sell my RTX 2070 Super as I can probably sell it right now for the same price that I paid for it brand new over a year ago.

GPU prices are gross atm.
Built a machine for my gf with a 2070S in March. Had a 3070 XC3 pop on EVGA two weeks ago and put that that in her system and sold the 2070S for the same price.
Broke even with all fees. Free upgrade for her. Was more excited for her getting the 3070 than I was getting my own 3080, she wasn't even expecting/planning to upgrade.

Finally got lucky. I am selling it to a friend at cost. No scalping here. Needless to say he’s very excited.

Attachments

• 39771BE9-AF1F-4316-B9E1-228461A59A91.png
    39771BE9-AF1F-4316-B9E1-228461A59A91.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
the 2070 super was selling for $450 a month ago used on ebay, now its $600. seems like only the 3070 FE is worth trying to buy. all the other 3070's are $600-700

the 2070 super was selling for $450 a month ago used on ebay, now its $600. seems like only the 3070 FE is worth trying to buy. all the other 3070's are $600-700

Yeah, except the only place that sells them is Bestbuy. And that is true for all FE cards vs others heh.

Last edited:
I'm just posting this because it just actually made me gasp out loud:

View attachment 321824

Honestly, we're beyond demand/supply now. How selling a product at nearly %300 of its MSRP is anywhere within the realm of legality, I do not understand. And if it is, how lawmakers allow this to happen is even more unacceptable. Please don't give me the usual bullsh*t about capitalism - this is not a free market, it is a market held hostage. If a product is valued at X amount of dollars, you should be allowed a margin of profit, but certainly nothing even close to resembling %300. What'd be next, $20 simple on/off light bulbs? $30 yogurt? $50 milk? And before anyone says "those are basic necessities", they're not - sun gives you light, and you can survive without yogurt and milk. Buy f*cking potatoes - though they'll probably also cost $10 each.
/rant
The near future (Fallout 4):

CdY8KfTWEAAiOUz.jpg

I wish I could get ahold of a 3070 for a reasonable price but if this keeps up, i'll just give up until I can. Or just quit gaming entirely.

I wish I could get ahold of a 3070 for a reasonable price but if this keeps up, i'll just give up until I can. Or just quit gaming entirely.

Buy a pre-built... yank the 3070.. sell off rest of the rig.. Would most likely end up ahead, compared to just buying the 3070 outright

1611841227997.png

If prebuilts came with good motherboards, I would totally never buy custom again. That is the only thing keeping me from ever buying a prebuilt. A shitty cheap ass motherboard. Other than that? Those systems look good and with a 3070 to boot. Just wish the foundation wasn't built out of junk.

If prebuilts came with good motherboards, I would totally never buy custom again. That is the only thing keeping me from ever buying a prebuilt. A shitty cheap ass motherboard. Other than that? Those systems look good and with a 3070 to boot. Just wish the foundation wasn't built out of junk.
Well, in that regard weren't there MoBo and GPU combos? I'm sure you could pick up a board for cheap that way.

This is the main reason I haven't even considered buying a used GPU since 2016. The chances of getting an abused card are way too high.
Yea, I was fortunate and got my 1060 from here. I'm still rocking it. Running two 1080s and a 1440. Been freaking great.

This is the main reason I haven't even considered buying a used GPU since 2016. The chances of getting an abused card are way too high.
I have never had a issue from any mining card that I have purchased. Only problem has been broken fan here and there however for $20 got new fans and replaced in 10 min. Nvidia has always been a better bet over AMD when buying used mining cards.

Yeah, except the only place that sells them is Bestbuy. And that is true for all FE cards vs others heh.
they had some in stock a few days ago but I had to leave the house when I got the notifcation on hotstock.

Last edited:
Probably a thread exists for this discussion, but any major difference in fan count?

I've got a MSI GeForce RTX 3070 VENTU 2X OC 8GB GDDR6 256B, G3070V2XC on order. Apparently its a two fan. The picture of it had three fans. any major difference from having a three fan?

Probably a thread exists for this discussion, but any major difference in fan count?

I've got a MSI GeForce RTX 3070 VENTU 2X OC 8GB GDDR6 256B, G3070V2XC on order. Apparently its a two fan. The picture of it had three fans. any major difference from having a three fan?
The Gaming x trio is their better card. It should run quite a bit cooler than the 2x and has RGB if that is your thing. It had a massive heatsink on it. Performance should be roughly the same.

I mean, I'm fine with it I guess, but this is a little annoying.

gpu order.jpg

Just show the out of stock card as $721. Not a fan of this flip flop in pricing.

It was kind of sketchy. I saw some Evga 3060 Ti's available from some seller off Etsy today for like $350. In-stock, only had like 10 or so total. But he was shipping from Germany for $12. I almost pulled on it but the brain took over. I dont see how that can be legit. I am sure he sold them all but....

I dont think shipping would be $12 from Germany and hes selling at like the all time lowest price ever. Fakes I would assume? Also I had to realize the VAT would be like 19% on top of that which you probably cant recoup if theres an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back