every day i look for the Note on VZW...and nothing...

nobody_here

[H]F Junkie
Both the wife and I have been into the local ATT store and have been holding and playing with the Samsung Note....we love it....but we hate ATT and are very happy with Verizon and their 4G LTE service. We also have grandfathered unlimited data plans through VZW.

I see what amounts to fanboy rumor mill junk about a Samsung Galaxy Journal that "could be". Anyone have anything more specific? We are waiting.....

I'm in your exact same situation. I salivated playing with a demo unit at my local Best Buy. But I will stick with Verizon, especially with my grandfathered unlimited data as well. I've only heard a rumor over a month ago stating it will eventually make its way to Verizon and Sprint as the "Galaxy Journal". That's it, nothing else to go by so far. :(

I got to hold the Samgun note today -- a guy in my dept at work picked one up. I'm 6'1 and have rather large hands, and this phone made me feel tiny!

Hardware looks cool - but I just left sprint for Verizon (galaxy nexus = awesome) 4G LTE is baaaaadasss.

AT&T - sorry I'll pass if its with them, even if the phone gave sloppy awesome blowjobs and got me lots of 'tang I refuse to give them any more money than I have to. (already reluctantly giving them 20/month for DSL home service since they are the only ones in the entire area)

Don't forget that the i717 has been hacked by the awesome xda people to run on T-Mobile. Another option. You can buy an i717 off eBay to avoid paying AT&T.

I really like the Note, got it for $150, then paid the ETF and put it on Straight Talk, and kept my Verizon line "unlimited data" as well, and dropped the minutes to minimal and killed text messaging, just use Google Voice on it.

I really like the Note, got it for $150, then paid the ETF and put it on Straight Talk, and kept my Verizon line "unlimited data" as well, and dropped the minutes to minimal and killed text messaging, just use Google Voice on it.
Interesting idea. How did you get Verizon data to run on your Note?

Interesting idea. How did you get Verizon data to run on your Note?

Its impossible to get Verizon service directly on a Note, since there's no CDMA version of it obviously. The only thing you could do is tether a Note to a Verizon phone, iPad or MiFi.

Don't forget that the i717 has been hacked by the awesome xda people to run on T-Mobile. Another option. You can buy an i717 off eBay to avoid paying AT&T.

But i can't use it on Verizon. I'm not switching carriers. Only way I would switch is if Verizon told me they were revoking my unlimited data plans. Then it's on.

Yeah, who knows when/if it will come to Verizon. Last I rumor I read about it was a month or so ago about it coming to Verizon (or maybe Sprint) as the "Journal". I guarantee that it won't have the same hardware as the international version (Exynos SoC) and will most likely have the same internals as the AT&T version (Snapdragon) due to some sort of compatibility issues that the Exynos SoC has with current LTE chips.

But if you wanted to run it on T-Mobile, why not get the better global model instead?

If you are still watching for the Note / Journal on Verizon everyday, please come back and post when you see it - because I want one too!

I would love to move to a Note sized phone myself. I sooo hate the BS proprietary carrier shit we have to deal with iun the US

make phones

have services.

wish they all worked with each other.. ya know like free market.... and we could pick and choose

By the times it does come to VZ, the Note 2 will be out.

thats what i am hoping, that when it comes it will be a heavily upgraded version of it, which will be worth the wait, but if a bad ass Medfield or Krait S4 5"+ device comes out by then, I'll be sold....I'm not completely partial to Samsung although from a developer standpoint they are fairly good to work with

There is a version of the note that will work with T-mobile with a hack, not sure which though.

I just switched to AT&T from Verizon and got the Note. Now I had unlimited data on V but used only about 200MB a month so no big deal to me. I got tired of the Verizon service always going out where I live, plus when I head south the AT&T network is much better. The phone is great but gets even better rooted/romed. Running Seraphim ICS and O/Ced at 1.4ghz its blazing fast.

What is the data limit / cost on ATT?

I am on Verizon with a Droid X @ $108 month:
unlimited data = $30
900 minutes = $60
250 texts = $5
total = $95 + tax, misc ass fucking

What is the data limit / cost on ATT?

I am on Verizon with a Droid X @ $108 month:
unlimited data = $30
900 minutes = $60
250 texts = $5
total = $95 + tax, misc ass fucking

man...I'm paying $145/mo on VZW but that's for a family share two line 700 min. plan, 1000 texts each, and unlimited 4g data on both smartphones

that's why i don't want to switch, also because in most areas VZW has better service

Count me in as waiting for the Note/Journal as well. Especially since seeing the S3 revealed. There's just nothing that excites me about that phone as it's pretty much just a Galaxy Nexus more or less with a few upgrades.

Count me in as waiting for the Note/Journal as well. Especially since seeing the S3 revealed. There's just nothing that excites me about that phone as it's pretty much just a Galaxy Nexus more or less with a few upgrades.

the S3 is nice but ever since I held a Note and saw it CAN be easily pocketed and IS comfortable in the hand because of it's width, and it IS large enough to be useful as a small tablet.....even though it is slower, it's functionally better.

Here's to hoping an upgraded Note comes to VZW

the S3 is nice but ever since I held a Note and saw it CAN be easily pocketed and IS comfortable in the hand because of it's width, and it IS large enough to be useful as a small tablet.....even though it is slower, it's functionally better.

Here's to hoping an upgraded Note comes to VZW

+1 to that. I would be happy with a regular note on Verizon/Sprint. And upgraded (maybe quad core) would be great.

You check every day? That seems a little excessive.

I read the headlines on the major tech/gadget sites, where it would show up first, yes, every morning, me and my french press. You dont have particular interests with websites that update daily?

Back