Evercool aluminiun fan question

camay123

[H]ard|Gawd
Are the evercool aluminium fan worth it.

Does the 80mm really push 38cfm @ 27dba or those spec are just marketing hype. If you consider Panaflo fans as being the most precise on their spec, how does the aluminium fan compare. ?

Ive used the 60mm and 80mm versions. From what Ive seen they are very inexpensive but well performing fans as far as flow : sound level goes. Unfortunatly though many times the chroming jobs on the blade/hub section are grainy looking, where some silver spray paint would look better. Also mounting sometimes is a pain because the usual fan mounting screws have a large and wide thread which is designed for gripping plastic. A screw and nut system is easiest with the aluminum housing.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Dome
why aluminum for a fan?
Things always feel better quality when they are metal, especially when it is milled from aluminum. ;)

You made me blink there for a second...

recommending it

I don't know anything about them, I've never used one, but on the basis of my anti-blingism, I wouldn't use one. Panaflo and Papst forever!

are you sure it's made out of aluminum? I know the housing is, but the blades seem to be spray painted plastic...

The fans are great though, the 120's especially

im using 2 120mm's on my rad. the one pulling air doesn't seem to spin very fast, but the one pushing the air does :confused:. im thinking of replacing them with panaflo 120mm.

Originally posted by kleptophobiac
You made me blink there for a second...

recommending it

thats my french getting out.

Anyhow, they seem more Hype then real. Maybe I should go with a panaflo.

I've got a 120 panaflo too, it's pretty thick, it's the U model :eek:
I 5v and 7ved it, and they're both near silent and they push a good amount of air (because it's so thick). Right now i'm using thinner delta (25mm i think) 120's because they're lighter and my shroud isn't supported by anything :p

I have the 120mm aluminum fan and i dont know they say 30db because it says 35db on the box?!?! I know that i keep it on a rheostat and i keep it low when im not gaming becuase it is loud imo.

I have a 120mm Evercool on my window blowhole and it does a nice job of helping to cool my AGP and PCI area. It may be loud for some, but I have 2 Tornado case fans so it's a moot point for me. I like the aluminum/silver look of it because it helps to reflect light from my UVCCs and it just looks more quality then the typical black polycarbonate fans.

i have this fan on my d-tek procore (120mm)... the blades arent aluminum they just look like it... i'm not gnona recommend it or say its not good because i dont have anything to compare it to.. so i'm gonna ask a question myself

the written specs on this fan cant be beatin.. 80cfm at 30db.. it seems louder than 30 db for some reason.. maybe not though i think its just in my head.. so i was looking at an alternative.. such as a panaflo.. but in order for one to be quieter than 30 db it only will push half the airflow (on paper)... so my question is.. should i buy a panaflo anyway? if the evercool doesnt really do the specs it says then a panaflo may be just as good.. so does anyone have first hand experience with both? just how much quieter will it be (worth the money?) and also, will it effect my temps much on my WC loop if the panalo doesnt push as much air through my procore? i want a quieter fan but if its gonna hurt my temps at all i dont think 4 dbs is worth it, if each fan pushes its actual specs.. i think thats what i'm trying to ask :p

sorry for jackin your thread.. but its all on the same topic :)

Originally posted by -=iNsAnE=-
sorry for jackin your thread.. but its all on the same topic :)

No probz, Go ahead, same topic, same question.

On paper, the aluminium fan have the best CFM/DBA ratio but is it just hype ? I know for sure that Panaflo are silent and will deliver the CFM, but they cost more and are not as nice as an aluminium fan.

i'm sorry, i have no experience w/ al fans but it seems to me to be a marketing ploy.

if you want a fan to move air, it takes noise (or money)

if you want a fan to be silent, you lose speed (or money)

there is no magic material (al in this case) which manages to be cheap and still produce silent air.

before i'd buy it you'd have to explain to me how changing the casing of the fan (not the blades at all) to aluminum helps reduce noise or move more air.

especially given that the blades are made to look al but are not leads me to call bs on this product...

sorry for the biased uneducated opinion, but sometimes you gotta go w/ the gut

Originally posted by Dome

there is no magic material (al in this case) which manages to be cheap and still produce silent air.

before i'd buy it you'd have to explain to me how changing the casing of the fan (not the blades at all) to aluminum helps reduce noise or move more air.

It's not so that they are made from aluminium, beside the look that appeal me, but the fact do they perform to their specification like any other plastic fan ? some of the fan have great numbers but dont perform as silent or as well as the number tell.

An aluminum fan blade would be pretty impractical in a fan this small. It would weigh more than a plastic one, so any imbalance would wear out the bearings more quickly and it would put more strain on the motor when it turned on. And the reason for the Al housing is just for looks, there's no reason it would perform better than a plastic one.

Originally posted by zer0signal667
An aluminum fan blade would be pretty impractical in a fan this small. It would weigh more than a plastic one, so any imbalance would wear out the bearings more quickly and it would put more strain on the motor when it turned on. And the reason for the Al housing is just for looks, there's no reason it would perform better than a plastic one.

thats not what he's saying.. forget thats its even supposed to be aluminum.. because the blades arent.. he's simply asking if the fan performas near its specs regardless of what its made of.. i'd like to know too since i have the same fan as well and am thinkign about upgrading

bump from the 3rd page, btw...

Originally posted by -=iNsAnE=-
thats not what he's saying.. forget thats its even supposed to be aluminum.. because the blades arent.. he's simply asking if the fan performas near its specs regardless of what its made of.. i'd like to know too since i have the same fan as well and am thinkign about upgrading

bump from the 3rd page, btw...

Exactly what im asking.

one thing i thought id add... the side that the fan blows air to is UGLY. have it blowing inwards.. the other side has a white plastic structure to hold the wiring with the evercool sticker on it that ruins the whole thing

Originally posted by sKiTz0
one thing i thought id add... the side that the fan blows air to is UGLY. have it blowing inwards.. the other side has a white plastic structure to hold the wiring with the evercool sticker on it that ruins the whole thing

true.. but does anyone konw of the actual performance?

Back