Ever upgrade your laptop?

Apallohadas

2[H]4U
I'm wondering if anyone's ever replaced their laptop CPU themselves.

I have a HP ze4115 and I'm interested in replacing the CPU.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...791-5560927?v=glance&vi=tech-data&me=standard

That's the version I have. XP1500+. It looks as though I should be able to use a similar voltage mobile xp right? Perhaps up to a 2400 I'm hoping.

Any advice is appreciated, or horror stories if you have those too ;)

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
how hot does your laptop run, the 2 problems are heat, and whether or not the board in your laptop can support barton cpu's. all the latest amd mobiles are bartons. try to find out who makes that laptop and see what other speeds they offer in that notebook. for example, my emachines laptop is made by arima and they offer it in axp-m 2000, 2200, 2400, 2500, 2600. so i know my laptop can support any mobile barton under 45W

I upgraded the P4-M in my 8500. The TDP difference between the original 2GHz CPU and 2.4GHz CPU was only 4-5W. The cooling between the different 8500 models was identical (1.8GHz - 2.5GHz).

I wouldn't count on being able to upgrade the CPU in the ze4115 past 1800+ unless: 1) there are higher speed ze4115 models or similar models with faster CPUs and the same cooling or 2) the TDP of the CPU you want to upgrade to is very close to what you already have.

heat specs on a mobile 1500 is 30-35W
2400 mobile is 45....

so power wise its not going to work

the barton core was not released when that lappy was built so its unlikly for the bios to support it

the highest your going to be able to do is an 1800

for the money
uping the ram to 1gig and droping in a 7.2k HD are going to be much better upgrades for the lappy

Back