Ever since receiving my 2005FPW, I get several second freezes in CS:S

Urraca

Gawd
Hey I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum, or the display thread, however it only seems to occur in CS:S.

Anyway, my oh so gorgeous Dell 2005FPW arrived last week. I quickly wanted to see CS:S in 16:10 widescreen. With my current rig, I get extremely high framerates, then out of nowhere the screen will freeze up for a few seconds. It's not choppy framerate either, because it will go from 80fps, to locked instantly. Sometimes, the screen even turns an entire color (black or tan), it will unlock and will only have sound.

I thought maybe it was my overclock (my video card remainds at stock speeds) so I bought down my CPU to near stock HTT as well, and the problem still occured. Any ideas of what can be causing this? The only other game I tried playing was World of Warcraft (which is also running at 16:10) and the freezing problem did not occur.

I tried the latest release drivers as well as the beta drivers. The problem occured on both. Thanks.

could be a source engine bug, try running at one step down at the same aspect ratio, then try 16:9 and see how it does.

Back