Ever just quit a game out of extreme boredom?

skyrim, remember me, alan wake, witcher 2.

edit: hah, now this thread got me tripping on memory lane, theres quite a few more, i didnt thought it was that much.. well, those were the last ones :p

I knew I wasn't the only one who got bored of Remember Me, lol

I can't play any Grinders anymore.

World Of Tanks
Eve
BF
COD
MMOs
etc..etc..etc..etc

I'm sick of the grind and stat whores

kotor. Everything in that game, the first 10 hours anyway, seemed incredibly trivial and unexciting.

Last Remnant.... that reminds me.

I think Lost Oddysey fits in this one for me. I loved it, but for some reason I just keep quitting it. It might be boredom, but I just don't know. It always happen around mid disc 2 I think. And I think I made it there 2 or 3 times, not sure.

I have a whole list of games that I quit out of boredom. Sometimes games can feel like a lot of work. I'd rather just drop it all together rather than force myself through it.

I have a whole list of games that I quit out of boredom. Sometimes games can feel like a lot of work. I'd rather just drop it all together rather than force myself through it.

care to share?

I just quit Dishonored out of boredom. It's has beautiful art direction, interesting characters, cool mechanics... but it just wasn't doing it for me.

I don't buy games that I am not interested in. Who would have thought that would prevent me from being bored, let alone extremely bored...

I do quit because some games are frustrating: Bioshock, all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, Metro 2033, Portal 2's forced story crap, Far Cry 1 (ok, that one was boring as fuck) and 2, Dead Space 2.

I wish I quit earlier on Shadowrun Returns because I just thought it was kind of boring (and it was my first Shadowrun game)

Also wish I quit Dragon Age because I just didn't really care for the story. I beat both games though. Just never made me want to try either sequel/expansions.

I quit Oblivion though. Just couldn't get into it at all.

X3:TC
I had the hub, but jeez. The resource requirements to complete it were going to take WEEKS of game play to collect, and the UI was too annoying to deal with strictly empire building for that length of time.

Wow, that a big junk list. :)

I`ve quit some games middle of them as well, no reason to waste time on something you can`t stand.

Prince of Persia, Shellshock 2 (utter garbage) and Twin Sector come to mind immediately.

Wow, that a big junk list. :)

I`ve quit some games middle of them as well, no reason to waste time on something you can`t stand.

Prince of Persia, Shellshock 2 (utter garbage) and Twin Sector come to mind immediately.

Wait wait wait.... which Prince of Persia is this? Is this Jordan Mechner's Prince of Persia? Or the remake, or the reboot leading into the trilogy? or the second reboot?

Batman Arkham Asylum.

I was looking for something new and the reviews said it tastes like Nutella. Got most of the way through until the fight with Joker, then promptly lost interest and never returned. Apparently the follow-ups are great, but I haven't been inspired to check them out following the disappointment of the 1st one.

Grand Theft Auto 5. I have about 80% progress through the main story but I just dropped it after the disappointing release of multiplayer. I stopped playing Lost Odyssey for a couple years after the game froze during the last CG before reaching the final boss and sold my old 360 shortly afterwards. I ended up buying a 360 again a year ago and finally beat it (still didn't get the treasure achievement due to temple elevator bug). Final Fantasy 13 after I reached the boss on Chapter 12 I think. I really wanted to like the game but it just wasn't possible.

On PC I still have yet to beat Shadowrun Returns after getting about halfway through the game. One day...

Not really...more like ADD or life. I can't afford to be unemployed and play video games all day. I usually move on to chores after dying enough (hi, Dead Space 2).

I agree with tons of the lists in here... out of curiosity, can some people comment on what games were surprisingly awesome? You know... so I don't waste time on shitty games lol.

I just couldn't finish Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. It was extremely meh.

I agree with tons of the lists in here... out of curiosity, can some people comment on what games were surprisingly awesome? You know... so I don't waste time on shitty games lol.
Off the top of my head...

Dust: An Elysian Tale
Burnout: Paradise
DMC: Devil May Cry
TitanFall (Yes, despite the hype. My expectations were very low but I have been pleasantly surprised)
Otherworld (PS3)

Batman Arkham Asylum.

I was looking for something new and the reviews said it tastes like Nutella. Got most of the way through until the fight with Joker, then promptly lost interest and never returned. Apparently the follow-ups are great, but I haven't been inspired to check them out following the disappointment of the 1st one.

Honestly you're one of the few people I've seen with this opinion, I love the Batman series... never seems to get boring to me. On the other hand I have trying to play COD: Ghosts and the boredom is unbearable. Call of Dutys are all the same...

Honestly you're one of the few people I've seen with this opinion, I love the Batman series... never seems to get boring to me. On the other hand I have trying to play COD: Ghosts and the boredom is unbearable. Call of Dutys are all the same...

I keep trying to play it but I too just can't get into it. It's more of a writing thing with me. This version of batman just kind of bored/annoyed me. I'm aware I'm an exception to the rule.

Bioshock 1. But maybe I was missing something. I may take another look at the game at some point since I loved the Infinite quite a bit despite its short comings.

Far Cry 3. Elder Scrolls with guns, except without the spirit and hooks of ES. Since I couldnt give a flying **** about the characters (except the bad guy seemed interesting) I quickly grew bored of it.

I have stopped a few games early, but is it just me, or have other people played
a game that was so good, that when they came close to beating it. They just quit
playing it, just so it will never really be over with?

World of Warcraft

So many friends tell me to buy the next expansion. I play until level cap, get bored, re-roll a class, get max level, get bored again. I hate the end game in all the recent expansions. Do this for every day for 10 weeks, do this once a week for 10 weeks, do this once a month for 10 months. I fucking quit your stupid daily bullshit, why are you going to put an artificial time limit on a game I pay $15 a fucking month for. Go fuck yourself blizzard.

I'll just let that sink in for a moment.

Oh no I stopped paying a long time ago. I just pick up the expansion every year because of peer pressure but I stop playing once I hit the cap. I actually enjoy the story, lore and questing during that time (except for that god awful MoP) but end game is just a horrible boring list of crap you need to do before you log off for the day. Or wait around in raid queues for hours.

I made it about 25 minutes with Far Cry 2. I loved FC3 and the original Far Cry, but good lord...
I actually played Far Cry 2 for about 2 hours straight before I realized all I was doing was driving around looking for diamond caches... Haven't played it since.

ESO (beta).

You fight the same enemies over and over for what seems like forever.

Yeah, it's like Diablo. Wash, rinse, repeat. Then, do it again.

Most games are pretty boring. I loved Bioshock; but, I beat Bioshock 2 in under 2 hours because I was so bored. Bioshock Infinite was another snoozefest that I sadly spent full price on.

Back