Even swap Zotac Amp 1080 Ti for new 2070 Super?

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
If you could swap a 2 year old Zotac Amp 1080 Ti for a brand new 2070 Super, would you? A buddy bought the Gigabyte Windforce OC 2070 Super and wants to swap my 1080Ti for it. I currently game 90% with a Rift S, and was thinking of picking up a 34" 21:9 1440p monitor soon.

It's this one:

My thinking is the 2070 Super will have warranty, consume less power and run cooler (using a Fractal mATX case) and have RTX (been wanting to give Quake 2 a go). From a bunch of benchmarks, it seems they trade blows pretty evenly. I do have a 40" 4k display that I, no joke, gamed on for the first time last night since buying it 2 years ago. I was playing the new DOOM and it was just too big. So, I'm thinking of going 34" 21:9 1440p.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited:
GTX 1080Ti is faster when overclocked ,especially 4K,RTX is fine but no games really use it and quake 2 It lasted less than 3 minutes on my PC.
Now what you should do is swap and get the 2070 Super,new is always better and grab all the RTX games cheap.Example I paid $23 USD for Control and Youngblood on ebay .$10 USD for Metro Exodus and $14 Shadow Of the Tomb Raider.I forget Hitman2/FF15 and have not even played them yet.
Do it now trade.

Go swap for all the points you mentioned.

The 1080TI and the 2070S is a wash.

Might be worth it to flip the 2070S for a 1080ti and aio cooling.
I've used Vega and 1080ti on an aio and think air cooler gpus are boost limited to the point people aren't really getting their $ worth.

Warranty and power consumption concerns are not anything is worry about.

I have an X34, I prefer playing on my 271hu.
Framerate > immersion
Yes, I am affected 100hz vs 165hz

Rtx is meaningless to me bc frame drops destroy my gaming experience, I think 60fps crawls and is awful. Might as well just play on a console. I don't think RTX is mature enough to bother investing in.

I suppose the OP has to go learn what displays work for use case, and what fps vs graphics settings are meaningful.

I'd wonder why he would want to trade. Performance is close, +extras in the newer card.

Back