Eve Online, Largest Capital Fleet Battle EVER

Apathy

Gawd
sorry to cross post this, but its just too important and too awesome not to....

To further add on to yesterdays titan death...

Today we had quite possibly the largest capital ship fleet battle ever in the games entire 5 year history. the lag wasn't bad at all, there was about ~600 people in system over a 4-5 hour fight.

Within the last 2 days, nearly 250 - 400 billion isk has been blown up.
(yes its a large variance, but its quite hard to tell with the killboard numbers)

Today was an AWESOME fucking fight. about 100 caps dead on both sides, and another BOB mothership was killed as well.

This was the best fucking fleet fight i have ever been in since ive been playing in early 2006. the lag was minimal, the server didnt die, and there was a shitload of people dying all over the place. it was fucking crazy ass shit.

I loved every minute of it and i wish we could have these fights everyday.

Im sorry i cant link any forums or killboard because im using a proxy and the link would be all retarded looking.

But for anyone who cares,
Heres our killboard for Morsus Mihi: morsus-mihi.net/kb/?a=home
www.eve-online.com -> 'forums' button on the left side -> 'corporation alliance organization discussion' section -> see: bob lost nyx/aeon.

It should be one of the top posts in the thread just below the stickys.

MAD props to CCP for keeping the lag mellow.
Hella Mad For Reals Props to all that were involved in the past 2 days festivities.

THIS SHIT WAS AWESOME

Too bad I'd be blown up in a second if I tried to check it out.

I'll have to get a ship with a cloak and just chill at a range and watch next time.

hmm, should i restore my account or not, only played a couple of months but always got killed. It can also suck up a few hours.

Still that sort of firefight sounds impressive but i doubt will be happening again anytime soon as alot of people must be licking their wounds.

As a 57 million skillpoint player currently living in the Delve region this post interests me.

On the contrary, they said the lag was negligible, which is no small feat with 600 players slugging it out.

CCP has really made huge improvements in their netcode, and also moved to 64-bit, but the downside of 64-bitness is that their old servers running it will run out of memory if pushed too hard. When they move the node over to a new server with more RAM, it's golden. So right now they need GM intervention to get lag-free fights, but as CCP keeps upgrading all of its servers it should get better all around.

It sounds interesting, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Pics or shens, I say!

Back