Too bad your "character" in EVE is just a fucking portrait. I like the game's concept though, just providing systems for players to use and create their own stories. I'd like to see that transferred to other MMOs.

Will you be able to do anything substantial while "in character", or is just virtual chat room functions?

You can stare at your character while being camped inside a station, that's an improvement from ship spinning, I think...

Howdy Mashie...Its been awhile. To be exact, according to [H], 2/16/10 was the last time I logged in here.

Im glad to see you are still playing EVE. Ive missed this game TREMENDOUSLY!!! Being a Directv Tech has killed my gaming life.

Ive been out of touch with this game now for a year, as well, my computer has shown its age. Just recently, the vcard or monitor took a dive. I have to use the librarys computer till I get mine rebuilt :(

Ive also been wayyy out of the loop on computer stuff too. Whats the "in" thing to have these days with EVE? When I come back, I dont want lag jumping thru those gates.

I read a bit about the new expansion but ive been gone for so long, its all vague to me. I hope coming back to this game is like riding a bike....ya never forget.

...I read a bit about the new expansion but ive been gone for so long, its all vague to me. I hope coming back to this game is like riding a bike....ya never forget.

mostly ya, minor module and ship changes (depending on how long your talking) The 'Incursions' you can just avoid if ya want.

but...I MISS MY OLD CHAR PORTRAIT waaaah!

new ones are dumb looking. they should have just updated the old. looks like an advert for a cheesy new network show.

is this the patch that makes the game fun?

Nope lol...

This alone almost makes me want to go back and play again. Almost. Maybe I'll give it another shot with my old accounts when the ambulation hits finally, considering they've had in-game videos of this for a few years now I think.

I loved EVE and I'll love it again once walking in stations is released and I can sell my characters for big bucks to the new crop of EVE players. However, I also feel that CCP has gone the way of many other devs which started small and agile enough to innovate. Now CCP is in a place where they are just too big and too focused to become main stream which stifles innovation and results in imitation.

No matter how hard they try, they will never capture The Sims target market. Yes, yes, the 3D avatar environment is being used for other games they are making as well but still, effort expended on EVE integration could be better spent to actually improve the game rather than prettify the avatars.

I like the new avatars just fine I just don't think implementing 3D avatars is a good use of resources given the many other problems the game has.

I used to play EVE and I can honestly say....

Who gives a fuck about walking around in a station? EVE is about flying around in ships.

Back