Europe and China Love Huawei

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Is this a sign that smartphones are finally moving towards being a commodity? Huawei has overtaken Apple as the world's second largest smartphone seller. Huawei gained ground in Europe as well as China and everything points to more feature-rich lower cost models pushing Huawei ahead. For the record Huawei held 15% market share, Apple held 12%, and Samsung held 20%.

China’s Huawei Technologies overtook Apple Inc (AAPL.O) to become the world’s second-biggest smartphone seller in the June quarter, data from market research firms showed, as it gained ground in Europe and expanded its lead back home.

Had... still have a Huawai 6P from google... thing was great for while, turns out I (and many others) got to feel the wrath of the shit battery they sourced. Google would pass me to Huawai, Huawai would pass me right back to google, nobody wanted to help. Their "solution" was wanting me to fork over 250 bucks for a Moto X4 (I'm on Project fi) When I was initially researching the topic there were MANY people in the same boat, for a while google was giving out pixel replacements supremely supremely discounted to help make up for the fuck up Of course by the time I was in line they stopped.

Said fuck them both and bought a battery on amazon for 15 bucks and did it myself even though it's apple-esque and not techincally user replaceable.. was like night and day in terms of performance.

That whole ordeal alone would instantly turn me off to any Huawai shit that comes over here, their support alone is total ass.

I have a Huawei P 10. Best phone I ever had, amazing battery, amazing fingerprint reader, kind of an amazing phone. I have not rooted and owned it and this is the first phone that has happened on. The local Apple users don't like it. Its real pretty as well as all the rest. ;)

for a while google was giving out pixel replacements supremely supremely discounted to help make up for the fuck up.

If you bought it through the google store you wouldn't need to deal with huawei customer support. Same reason you have to deal with verizon CS if you bought a phone through them.

I got a 128gb black Pixel XL for free after an hour with google CS. 6P cost me $550 three years ago and i'm still riding that out.

You could only get a replacement Pixel if you bought the 6P through the google store, so it sounds like you were never eligible.

Back