Eurogamer gave FarCry 3 10/10

Want to play this so bad, but it'll have to reach $15-$20 before I do. I just can't justify paying $25-$50 with such a huge backlog. But man do I want to play it...I just know the honeymoon won't last forever so I don't want to pay a lot for it.

Want to play this so bad, but it'll have to reach $15-$20 before I do. I just can't justify paying $25-$50 with such a huge backlog. But man do I want to play it...I just know the honeymoon won't last forever so I don't want to pay a lot for it.

You will get a lot more out of it than most games...so much to see and do even playing it thru the second time around. ;)

Kind of ignored this so far... How is the multiplayer? And how is the game in general for PC, any huge bugs or issues?

Kind of ignored this so far... How is the multiplayer? And how is the game in general for PC, any huge bugs or issues?

The only issue I have, is that either there is something not good with my 670 or there is problems with GPU utilisation - every time I run this game, when I OC my card, it crashes. I actually have to even declock it - remove factory OC and get to stock speeds of 670, otherwise card gets too hot and game hard crashes.

And that's the only game that's behaving in that way... on others, even on Crisis 2, everything is rock solid.

Yeah, gpu utilization is nearly 100% in game...never seen anything like it. Two GTX 460's in SLI have no problem OC'd tho. Something odd about the newer cards.

The only issue I have, is that either there is something not good with my 670 or there is problems with GPU utilisation - every time I run this game, when I OC my card, it crashes. I actually have to even declock it - remove factory OC and get to stock speeds of 670, otherwise card gets too hot and game hard crashes.

And that's the only game that's behaving in that way... on others, even on Crisis 2, everything is rock solid.

Yea when i want to play this, i also have to set my factory oc'd 580 to stock speeds. kinda annoying, but not the end of the world.

I have far cry 3 on Uplay. How the heck do I buy DLC for it? I found it on steam but can't find it on the uplay store.

My co-worker said he got an email from uplay regarding a new DLC for FC3... has anyone seen that? I wonder what it is...

Just started playing this. I love it, nice bounce back from the dreadful FC2. Co op is a nice change of pace, little more action less RPG.

I nearly pissed myself when I fell off my ATV in the water and a crock got me. Great stuff. Question, I've been trying to knife a Manta Ray. I think it's possible, but do you have to use a specific weapon?

Im really hating AMD and there friggen drivers, I Still have CHOPPY gameplay at 80FPS to 100FPS in Direct X 11 mode. 2600k @ 4800 MHZ, 3 7970s in tri fire and the game runs like crap lol.

Im really hating AMD and there friggen drivers, I Still have CHOPPY gameplay at 80FPS to 100FPS in Direct X 11 mode. 2600k @ 4800 MHZ, 3 7970s in tri fire and the game runs like crap lol.

If you have an overclock on the cards try running them at default before giving up. Some have reported wacky behaviour with clocked video.

I quit playing FC3 at the beginning of the second island, there were just too many stupid hand holding oddities and I couldn't take the ridiculous weapons physics... especially the shotguns.

I decided to mod the game to my liking and I am finally back to playing through the storyline.

http://farcry.nexusmods.com/mods/66

Hey stupid question, where the heck are the saved screenshots going for FC3? Can't find the folder/file for these.

Ubisoft has revealed some of the new features and changes it will make to open world shooter Far Cry 3...Included is the ability to reset outposts and the addition of a master difficulty setting..."Reset Options" will be available in the gameplay options menu once you've conquered all the outposts and completed the game...selecting it will reset them and make them hostile...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-19-far-cry-3-outpost-reset-master-difficulty-coming

still just more of the same for me ... I already played through to the end and didn't complete all the side quests since I didn't need to ... once they release a DLC with new content I will dive back in ... busy with other games for right now ... I did enjoy the first play through though, I am just not much for replaying shooters unless there is a real reason to do so, but that's just me :)

I agree, the game is fun when you first start playing it, but after a while you'll realize the world is pretty lifeless, and killing animals and doing the same crap quests over and over is actually all you're doing. The main story was meh too.

I haven't played it in over a month. I lost interest just like I did Far Cry 2.

I finished the game, didn't really see the point in playing beyond that to finish side missions/challenges and collect all relics/letters (unlocked all the weapons anyway).

I agree, the game is fun when you first start playing it, but after a while you'll realize the world is pretty lifeless, and killing animals and doing the same crap quests over and over is actually all you're doing.

Seems to be the name of the game these days.

Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 2 & 3, Sleeping Dogs...I stopped playing all of them partway through because I got tired of the repetition. In some cases it was mind-numbing. No idea how I managed to finish Just Cause 2; I'm sure it wasn't due to the awesome story. It was a very fun game, but looking back I recognize the repetition involved when you start taking out the enemy bases and other side quests.

I guess I need to quit being a completionist and just go for the core missions because I'm finding that I get burned out trying to do all of the side missions (which I know are generally optional, but they sometimes come with their own set of rewards that make them worthwhile).

Even in the great and holy S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which I've tried to get into several times before to no avail, I'm already tiring of some of the "Walk 10 minutes to X, do Y and come back" missions. The game finally got somewhat of a grip on me and I know it's a favorite around here but walking and sprinting everywhere is wearing thin and I'm only just to Rostok...

Ubisoft has revealed some of the new features and changes it will make to open world shooter Far Cry 3...Included is the ability to reset outposts and the addition of a master difficulty setting..."Reset Options" will be available in the gameplay options menu once you've conquered all the outposts and completed the game...selecting it will reset them and make them hostile...

It would have been much better if they made the outposts repopulate with enemies organically during the game.

Obviously not "insta-respawn" like FC2, but if random patrols attempted to retake the outposts from the local militia. Would make for more interesting firefights and dynamics.

As it stands, the reset feature doesn't offer much incentive to retake the outposts aside from being able to use the entire arsenal acquired during the game.

It would have been much better if they made the outposts repopulate with enemies organically during the game.

Obviously not "insta-respawn" like FC2, but if random patrols attempted to retake the outposts from the local militia. Would make for more interesting firefights and dynamics.

As it stands, the reset feature doesn't offer much incentive to retake the outposts aside from being able to use the entire arsenal acquired during the game.

I really thought that was lacking. The retakes could be scipted sequences where you get a call for help from outpost X that they are under attack. If you go help you can save the outpost, if not you loose control.

Far Cry 3 > Crysis 3 ;)

I don't think you can even compare those two games anymore. Too different. If you're into amount of content, i'm sure Far Cry 3 wins. But polished experience, even if it may lack in play time, looks like Crysis 3 will take that easily.

Graphically, I think that's a no brainer.

I really thought that was lacking. The retakes could be scipted sequences where you get a call for help from outpost X that they are under attack. If you go help you can save the outpost, if not you loose control.

While that sounds better and more logical than the big red magical "ALL RESET" button that I'm imagining the devs are talking about, it brings back horrible memories of defending my gang territory in GTA: San Andreas. Great game, but that particular mechanic got old pretty quickly...

perhaps they should have one or two 'under attack' outposts. They would dim out in your map, have 2x the number of enemies and more snipers. So you could ignore them or retake them if you choose.

perhaps they should have one or two 'under attack' outposts. They would dim out in your map, have 2x the number of enemies and more snipers. So you could ignore them or retake them if you choose.

I had the same thought soon after I first began playing the game -- the wish that the outpost system was a little more dynamic in terms of these factions battling for control of territory, and choosing to assist one side or the other. But I guess that would conflict with the larger story-driven linear gameplay that the campaign is gear toward.

Doesn't seem like this would be that hard to implement for endgame purposes to add replayability.

Mod question: I'm assuming I can only run one mod at a time. For example either Swartz or 30 Days but not both at the same time. True or false?

Mod question: I'm assuming I can only run one mod at a time. For example either Swartz or 30 Days but not both at the same time. True or false?

True.

I had to manually unpack the Swartz mod, and add in the remove minimap mod, then repack it.

It was messy, but it somehow worked. I can't even imagine trying to merge more than one mod at a time.

Just finished the game. Did the stay with citra ending. nice. youtubed the other one. I probably won't play it anymore. It was turning into a grind by the time I finished.

I couldn't imagine trying to finish all the side quests or get all the relics etc. Just doing all the radio towers got old. I only freed half a dozen outposts to keep it interesting.

Just finished the game. Did the stay with citra ending. nice. youtubed the other one. I probably won't play it anymore. It was turning into a grind by the time I finished.

I couldn't imagine trying to finish all the side quests or get all the relics etc. Just doing all the radio towers got old. I only freed half a dozen outposts to keep it interesting.

Yeah, basically the same thing I did. I did the bare minimum to get all weapons unlocked (many of which weren't all that great anyway) and about halfway through the game it felt like a grind.

Still a good game, though. Worth playing through once.

Back