Eurogamer gave FarCry 3 10/10

Yeah, boars have long tusks. Should be the same on the map picture.

Now, trying to figure out the difference between dogs and dingoes...

This is a really dumb question, but where the eff are the boars? I see pigs on my map, but not boars...

South. It took me forever to find them too, so i ended up just capturing more towers until i saw their picture, which could almost look like a rino.

On a related note, i couldn't find "dingo's" anywhere, until i realized that they were a different kind of dog, and i'd been running past them thinking "no, i don't need more dog pelts" forever :p

Also--this game really needs another cash sink.

Easiest way to find dingoes is to go to the areas notated on the map. I think I found some south-ish.

And I completely agree about the cash system. You end up with way more money than you need very often.

south of amanaki village or whatever, like straight south. also when you find the dingo's, you can usually find boars in and around those areas.

easiest way to tell the dingos/dog. dogs have mange. dingo's dont.

Easiest way to find dingoes is to go to the areas notated on the map. I think I found some south-ish.

And I completely agree about the cash system. You end up with way more money than you need very often.

Have you made it to the second island yet? have a full weapon holster? I like to use all my weapons when screwing around so refilling the ammo gets way expensive late game. Like usually 1500ish to stock back up on everything. I have upgraded/crafted everything though already so i'm holding the max amount of items.

The cash sink are the poker tournaments, and the little challenges where you can wager. Plus the loot maps.

Have you made it to the second island yet? have a full weapon holster? I like to use all my weapons when screwing around so refilling the ammo gets way expensive late game. Like usually 1500ish to stock back up on everything. I have upgraded/crafted everything though already so i'm holding the max amount of items.

Full weapon holster, yes, but no second island yet. I guess if you used the LMG/explosives a lot, you might need a bit more money. Personally, though, I max out on money often and reloads are generally no more than $300 for me. I've just been buying guns for the hell of it to offload some cash so far.

As for contests, haven't tried poker but it seems the marksman challenges are far too easy, whereas the knife throwing (at Expert level) is ridiculously hard. Like, the AI gets dead center 4/5 times every time. Kinda crazy.

Full weapon holster, yes, but no second island yet. I guess if you used the LMG/explosives a lot, you might need a bit more money. Personally, though, I max out on money often and reloads are generally no more than $300 for me. I've just been buying guns for the hell of it to offload some cash so far.

As for contests, haven't tried poker but it seems the marksman challenges are far too easy, whereas the knife throwing (at Expert level) is ridiculously hard. Like, the AI gets dead center 4/5 times every time. Kinda crazy.

I don't use LMGs, I use the signature weapons. bushmaster, vector, and the sniper rifle. for the fourth. I use the crossbow and craft the explosive arrows, since I can get 12 "rpg rounds" which is more then the rpg.

And when I do missions and what not I like to use c4 and mines, I like to get real creative. Like setting up traps by setting mines on the road, having an enemy drive over it and they explode. That triggers more enemies to come investigate and I repeat the process or kill them how I like.

I need to make holsters priority one for myself today.
You can craft everything to the max (minus the ones that need path of the hunter item) in about an hr or two. Ridiculously easy.

so is this game super repetitive like the last one? I couldn't finish it.

so is this game super repetitive like the last one? I couldn't finish it.

I unlocked the game last week and easily put over 30 hrs into it. I played it non-stop on sat/sun. I think its absolutely great. There isn't much to do after you beat it though. I mean you can explore the island if you wish and find all the notes/letters/relics if that fancies you.

South. It took me forever to find them too, so i ended up just capturing more towers until i saw their picture, which could almost look like a rino.

On a related note, i couldn't find "dingo's" anywhere, until i realized that they were a different kind of dog, and i'd been running past them thinking "no, i don't need more dog pelts" forever :p

Also--this game really needs another cash sink.

There will be a big cash sink on the second island in the form of customized pre-fabbed weapons. To the tune of several thousand.

I hear the game has no replay value once you liberate all the camps as all the pirates disappear pretty much making the whole open world aspect disappear

I hear the game has no replay value once you liberate all the camps as all the pirates disappear pretty much making the whole open world aspect disappear

I don't think there are any repercussions for slaughtering the 'blue' guys, and i know that if you do they'll all become hostile to you for a bit... so there will always be people to kill ^_^

I don't think there are any repercussions for slaughtering the 'blue' guys, and i know that if you do they'll all become hostile to you for a bit... so there will always be people to kill ^_^

Yeah, you can kill friendlies outside of the town and all. ;)

I'll second the vote for this: Kill the game music and turn your volume up a tad higher than normal to really get the full benefits of the excellent sound design in this game.

Keyword is "liberated". It's obvious. :p

keyword is 'game'...if you take away the most enjoyable aspect of a game then people will be less inclinded to play...it's a game not a real life virtual simulation...that's like Skyrim eliminating all dragons after completing the main story

Something for the thread crappers and glass-half-full'ers

iPnrfk0tRI7Ba.gif

Thanks for posting crappy gameplay video :)

I just got my little brother the samsung 840 250 gb ssd and this game comes free with it. Is the only portion of this game (coop and competitive) any good?

I picked up close to zero loots and did 2 sidequests total. I had barely enough money to keep buying ammo. I actually had to knife one outpost just to earn it's free ammo loot once.

It's one way of playing it. I definately didn't feel any needs to pick up the loot.

As shitty as UBI treats us they should give us an achievement and some Uplay points if we actually risk being ostrasized from the gaming community by owning and playing multiple UBI titles at the same time :p
ROFL, the funny thing is I got bot hof their hot new titles free. I got my gf a galaxy 6600 which came with a voucher for assassins creed 3. Then I went ahead and got my little brother a samsung ssd, which again came with a free voucher but for far cry 3. Too bad I have to install this train wreck uplay, but for free games I guess you can complain too much. Too bad it couldn't be a steam voucher, it is annoying keeping track of all these accounts I have to create for steam rip offs.

keyword is 'game'...if you take away the most enjoyable aspect of a game then people will be less inclinded to play...it's a game not a real life virtual simulation...that's like Skyrim eliminating all dragons after completing the main story

its actually more like skyrim eliminating all dragons once you've, you know, eliminated all dragons.:rolleyes:

·PitBuLL·;1039392671 said:
I really want this game... But I've spent too much $$ on games lately. Damn!

wait for a Steam sale...your wallet and brain will thank you afterwards

There isn't much to do after you beat it though. I mean you can explore the island if you wish and find all the notes/letters/relics if that fancies you.

1. Map Editor. Great fun dropping a zillion NPC's and animals into a confined space and watching them riot.

2. Put the game on a shelf for a while, come back and starting a new game will feel fresh again.

3. Multiplayer, if they ever fix it. Supposedly its got problems, haven't tried it yet myself thougjh but then didn't expect an engrossing MP experience in a game known for and built around a massive SP campaign.

ya i have been looking for boars and dingos.

i haven't really played any of the missions yet, just towers, hunting, and pickin off bad guys. Time i actually play the mission my character is gonna be boss.

ok, where the fuck is relic number 13, is the only one that im missing c'mon, anyone?

lol one week on this thing and i didnt even finished yet, awesome!

shit so far:

farcry32012120523501647.jpg

farcry32012120523502874.jpg

and oh..

where the fuck is that damn relic number 13 jesus fucking christ, fuck!

I just made it passed the opening cut scenes and bought the first gun then quit. I have other games to finish first.

FFS I hate long cut scenes. Just gimmie a gun and let me kill teh poeple.:D

Anyone sometimes randomly have npc's that like......shake? It's like the npc will REALLY fast shake back and fourth...

So hows the storyline in this game, does it really pull you in or is it like Skyrim and most other open world games? Also, does the gameplay ever get boring and hows the stealth? I'm thinking about picking it up on sale but only if it's not some generic open world shooter with a boring storyline and just running and gunning.

Back