EU Wants to Scrap Seasonal Time Changes

I want daylight savings time all the time. Daylight in the early morning is worthless to me. I want daylight in the early evening, instead of getting out of work to complete darkness.

Id be fine with it as long as we stay on summer time. More light in the evenings is a good thing.

And then you have to check the difference and adjust all your clocks manually every day to make them show the correct time...
Rubbish!

Actually local noon changes only a few minutes over the course of a year so setting it to when the sun is directly overhead on the Equinox local time would give a true noon would be off versus the solar noon by only a couple minutes depending on day of the year. On the Equinox either Spring or Autumn, the Sun should rise at 6am and set at 6pm but because of DST being in effect at those time it is usually 7am and sets at 7pm and is directly overhead at 1pm.

Instead of changing the actual time on clocks, if a business wants to get the same effects to "save money" they why don't they just alter their start and leave times for employees and leave actual clocks on one time?

Good fucking riddance to bad fucking garbage.
---

I was mad when Alberta didn't get rid of it...I hope we do soon.
It's irrelevant now.

It's not that DLS needs to die. Standard time needs to die and DLS needs to be all year. I much prefer more sun in the evening.
I much prefer it in the morning. No DST. I leave for work 5'ish and leave at 2:30. I don't care about evening sunlight as I"m falling asleep at 8 or 9pm anyhow.

I much prefer it in the morning. No DST. I leave for work 5'ish and leave at 2:30. I don't care about evening sunlight as I"m falling asleep at 8 or 9pm anyhow.

TBH it won't matter for you either way as you probably have blackout blinds for the summer anyway and you'll still see the sun rise in the morning

Florida has wanted to pass something to stay on Summer time, but the way the law is written can't. You can only opt out of DST, not opt to stay in DST. For it to be done differently Congress would have to change the laws

I don't care in which side they leave it, to me is all about stability.. your body you mind keeps track little by little getting used to the change, its a natural thing... But no we have to be idiots and throw a monkey wrench at it, and just screw a nice natural process.

The old fashioned manual clock without a computer and connectivity to back it up is so quaint. Who even buys these anymore? :p
Why buy them when they've been in your family for >100 years?
And there's a mechanical watch on my wrist right now. Keeps going without any battery replacement...

Actually local noon changes only a few minutes over the course of a year so ... would be off ... by only a couple minutes depending on day of the year.
"Sun noon" was the norm in Sweden until the railway network was built.
Then it became near impossible to have the time tables set correctly incorporating the slightly off time zone at each station. If you live in one location and work in a town ten miles east/west your home and job should, according to "Sun noon", be in different time zones.

Florida has wanted to pass something to stay on Summer time, but the way the law is written can't. You can only opt out of DST, not opt to stay in DST. For it to be done differently Congress would have to change the laws

Any business that cares can change this w/o a law. Change your business hours to "always be in" DST.

Back