EU Takes Aim at Apple

An who has insisted on DRM being there...the record industry. Not Apple. We've got calls from consumer groups for Jobs to drop the DRM from iPod+iTunes. He has already said in his essay a few weeks back that he would like to, but the record companies will not let him. He also highlighted the fundamental idiocy of the current music industry strategy in that CD's are DRM free and easy to rip and they sell them by the million....but wanna sell it via your online store, you've got to drape it in fair useage breaching DRM.

The blame here is NOT with Apple. It's with the record industry and their hypocrisy.

Doug

An who has insisted on DRM being there...the record industry. Not Apple. We've got calls from consumer groups for Jobs to drop the DRM from iPod+iTunes. He has already said in his essay a few weeks back that he would like to, but the record companies will not let him. He also highlighted the fundamental idiocy of the current music industry strategy in that CD's are DRM free and easy to rip and they sell them by the million....but wanna sell it via your online store, you've got to drape it in fair useage breaching DRM.

The blame here is NOT with Apple. It's with the record industry and their hypocrisy.

Doug

I assure you, Jobs loves DRM. DRM brings Apple a fortune. His calls for the removal of DRM were in response to these very complaints of Apple using DRM to enforce their monopoly. It's the same thing Jobs does every time Apple look bad, he tosses a shiny object off to the side and everyone chases after it.

Lol, I like Jobs and wish I could live with a Mac. I just couldn't hack Mac forums when I needed a clue.."Mac is sooo prettty..Mac is soo stylish..." ugh.

Back